UKC

fitting petzl lynx crampons to nepal extremes properly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MrRiley 01 Oct 2013
I bought a pair of lynx crampons last season and was very impressed with them, barring one small issue - no matter how much fiddling I do I can't seem to prevent the front-points from angling inwards slightly. Not a major problem on most terrain but on steep, bullet-hard ice it's something I could do without having to think about! At the time I just got on with it but as my thoughts turn to the coming season I was reminded and want to get it sorted! Anyone have any similar issues and managed to sort it out? The only thing I can think of is that I'm still using the supplied bars but my boots are size 46. Petzl recommend using a longer bar (sold separately of course) for boots over size 41!! This seemed like a bit of a con so I didn't get them...

thanks in advance!
 Edvin m 01 Oct 2013
In reply to MrRiley: They are designed to angle inwards. But there's a trick if you don't like it, switch side. Use the right frontpiece on your left boot...
 barbeg 01 Oct 2013
In reply to MrRiley:

Hi Mr Riley,
I also have Petzl Lynx with Nepals,(43&1/2) and yes, the front points do turn in slightly. I was also initially concerned about this but having used them extensively with no problems on any ice or mixed terrain, I don't think about it now...they just do the job, very well infact.
ANdy
OP MrRiley 02 Oct 2013
In reply to Andrew and Edvin:

Thanks for the tips guys! I think I'll just experiment and try swapping the ends over to see if I like it better. Agree that having them turned inwards slightly doesn't make a material difference.

Many thanks!
 Edvin m 07 Oct 2013
In reply to MrRiley: Just realised I screwed up a bit when I wrote my last reply. I meant to switch the extension bar, not the whole front piece. That would give a very bad position of the front-point if using them as monos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...