UKC

Hotels in Sainte Foy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ichtus 05 Oct 2013
Planning a week in Sainte Foy in February 2014. Can see plenty of chalet and apartments advertised on the internet, but no hotels with half board, which is what we are seeking. Can anyone make any recommendations?
 Jon Bracey 05 Oct 2013
In reply to ichtus:
I can sincerely recommend the 'Auberge' http://www.auberge-montagne.com/
Good quality and great value accommodation at the Auberge, and they also have self-catered apartments too.
Andy who runs the auberge is a passionate ski tourer and will happily pass on conditions info and lots of wisdom about where to go and when.

smr 05 Oct 2013
In reply to ichtus: Another vote for the Auberge.
ichtus 11 Oct 2013
In reply to Jon Bracey:
> (In reply to ichtus)
> I can sincerely recommend the 'Auberge' http://www.auberge-montagne.com/
> Good quality and great value accommodation at the Auberge, and they also have self-catered apartments too.
> Andy who runs the auberge is a passionate ski tourer and will happily pass on conditions info and lots of wisdom about where to go and when.

Thank you for this recomendation. Is it close to the ski tow in Sainte Foy?
ichtus 11 Oct 2013
In reply to smr:
> (In reply to ichtus) Another vote for the Auberge.

Thank you also for this. Same question ... is it close to the ski tow in Sainte Foy?

In reply to ichtus:

3 seconds of looking at their website would tell you that they're in La Thuile.

I wandered round Ste Foy (the ski station, not the village on the main road from Bourg to Val) in August and I don't recall seeing anything that looked very hotel-like. Just lots of chalets. I get the impression that's part of the appeal.
Removed User 11 Oct 2013
In reply to ichtus:

We stayed at Le Monal a month ago, we got a lucky cheap deal, dunno what it normally costs. Nice place, good food but some staff were a bit grudging. Awesome views if you get a rooftop balcony room like us.
craigloon 11 Oct 2013
In reply to ichtus: Andy the host will drive you to and pick you up from the ski station. I vaguely recall that you can ski to the Auberge if snow conditions permit.

The Auberge itself is amazing. Gourmet food, cosy sitting room, outdoor hot tub and sauna. I loved it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...