UKC

Fabric boot eyelets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NottsRich 06 Oct 2013
On my Scarpa Grand Jorasses, there's a fabric eyelet about half way up from the toe box, just above the cleat type of eyelet. The fabric one is wearing out and doesn't look like it'll last much longer. Why do manufacturers use fabric eyelets!? Anyway, does anyone have any tips for making it last as long as possible, and any repairs I can do either before it breaks or after?

The boots are hardly worn out by any means. Two Scottish seasons and a few weeks in the alps, and still on the original soles with plenty of life left. To have them written off because of a failed eyelet seems a bit silly, and I've not heard of it being a problem before. Hopefully other people have come across this and have found a solution! I'm all ears... Thanks.
 gear boy 07 Oct 2013
In reply to NottsRich: take it to cobblers, get them to rivet a d-ring onto the webbing?
 Sir Chasm 07 Oct 2013
In reply to NottsRich: Start with the retailer or Scarpa before you try any repairs yourself.
 martinph78 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Sir Chasm:
> (In reply to NottsRich) Start with the retailer or Scarpa before you try any repairs yourself.

Agree.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...