UKC

Is there anything climbable on Trinidad or Tobago?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Leo Woodfelder 07 Oct 2013
Am going to be on the islands of Trinidad and Tobago in January for a month. Does anyone know if there is anything climbable other than trees and lamp posts? I've done a bit of google earth stalking and there could be some spots for DWS albeit v difficult to tell if it'll be worth while. Google has brought back very little which doesn't sound promising! Anyone on here got any local knowledge?
 JohnV 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Leo Woodfelder:

Your assessment is pretty accurate- not much exposed rock- I saw nothing climbable inland on Trini and no rock on Tobago. The islands West of Port-of-Spain will be your best bet and offer some some DWS potential. I found some really fun overhanging limestone walls with tufas and pockets over good landings on these islands, only accessible / climbable off of a boat though. I spent a few hours exploring and climbing and I think you could get a couple of days worth of climbing there. Have fun on T and T, it is a brilliant place.
In reply to JohnV: Cheers John, that's good news! I shall have to have a look into boats and have a little explore. Can't wait!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...