UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Adam Ondra climbs two 8C+'s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 Oct 2013
Adam Ondra on Terranova, 8C+, 4 kbIn this video Adam Ondra climbs Terranova and Gioia i.e. the two only more or less confirmed 8C+'s in the world.

Terranova at Holstejn, Lidomorna, near Brno was put up by Adam two years ago, whereas Gioia, at Varazze, was opened by Christian Core three years earlier. Originally given 8C, it has...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68399
 Fraser 08 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Superb, particularly the Gioia one. Ondra's bouldering and Core's pieces to camera is a great combination that can't fail.
 Diggler 08 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Ondras power screams never cease to impress me.
 jimjimjim 08 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News: Do you think he'll ever get on the hard trad circuit? I'd love to see him go on a world rampage. This question must of been asked before...
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant, and Christian Core is very cool.

jcm
 andrewmc 09 Oct 2013
In reply to jimjimjim:

No :P
 John2 09 Oct 2013
In reply to andrewmcleod: I wonder if such a large crowd of spectators gathers everywhere that Ondra climbs.
 ericinbristol 09 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent, heart-warming film and yes Core comes across superbly well.
Donnie 09 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News: the close ups of the holds and explanation of the moves was great. I think this is the first video I've seen where you get a real idea of just how ridiculously hard these climbs are..
 1poundSOCKS 09 Oct 2013
In reply to Donnie: I know what you mean, you do start to question how it's actually possible to climb that. Although I still don't understand how anybody can do the yellow problems down at Boulders.
 donie 09 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News: christian core -what a sweet guy
 peppermill 09 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent vid, Core seems like the perfect host! Ondra's screams remind me of a couple who used to live next door to me.
 Puppythedog 09 Oct 2013
In reply to jimjimjim: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2747

in this article Adam is asked.
 Brendan 09 Oct 2013
In reply to Donnie: It's pretty amazing when you think that Core started trying it without even knowing if it was possible.
Sircumfrins 09 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News: Christian Core is an amazing human being. I had the honour of spending 2 weeks with him and his family. Beautiful people! Gioia looks even more ridiculous than I ever could have realised!
The close up on the one crimp on Gioia looked like it was about 7mm and you have to match that on such a severe overhang! Truly incredible! Watching Adam scream his nuts off to do it is impressive but knowing that Chris, with his larger frame, had the vision and ability to push through the crux is probably proof that the theory of gravity is just a theory and can be reversed. Chris has obviously worked this out and probably also knows how the pyramids were built. I also think the guy needs to have a statue erected somewhere.
 rubbercrumb 09 Oct 2013
In reply to Sircumfrins:

He's compelling, not unlike Christopher Walken.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...