UKC

Other colours are available

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BarrySW19 10 Oct 2013
Really setters, is it necessary to set three routes on the same line in orange, red and purple? Add a dab of chalk and it's virtually impossible to tell which bits of plastic you're supposed to be using.
 ledifer 11 Oct 2013
In reply to BarrySW19:

I'm colourblind and it's a nightmare. Loads of the colours strongly contrast so it should be easy, but it seems people love the combinations of yellow, dark yellow, green and sand! Or red, dark pink and purple.

Kieran_John 11 Oct 2013
In reply to BarrySW19:

Wall I climbed on last night used "green and white" and "solid green" on the same route. This made for confusion, especially on smaller holds!

Still, it was this wall: http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=686&t=wall , I'm generally just pleased there are actually some decent routes on there being it's largely aimed at kids climbing for 20mins.
 gavster2405 11 Oct 2013
In reply to BarrySW19: I know what you mean about colour choice.
My current favourite is a white set of holds and a yellow set of holds on the same panels, both heavily chalked. Did I mention that the routes are in a corner on e YELLOW wall, so everyhold looks yellow.

Then again, I did notice the other night that most or the panels at my local wall have only 2 routes on them. Why? If they have the holds, why not put up extra routes, saves them getting boring too quickly, and it seems they arent overly keen on resetting.

Route- setters, what are they thinking??
 deepsoup 11 Oct 2013
In reply to BarrySW19:
Silly question perhaps - are the holds all the same manufacturer?
With a bit of practice it's quite easy to tell Bleaustone holds from Holdz holds, for example, by shape and style alone.
 SteveoS 11 Oct 2013
In reply to deepsoup:

That's how I roll!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...