UKC

Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 12 Oct 2013
I've got a pair of Scarpa Manta boots which I've used for about two years. My activities are really confined to trekking and scrambling and occasional snow and ice walking(with walking crampons).

At the end of a long day in the hills I often find that my feet are really knackered and often notice that I'm not as fast and a bit more awkward on descents than I used to be. I'm wondering whether a lighter boot would help and I've been looking at the La Sportiva Trango S Evo. I tried some on today and they felt really comfortable.

I'd be grateful for any comments or advice.

Thanks
 Choss 12 Oct 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

Hard to fault Mantas as an all Round boot for Hill walking and Scrambling, except for weight. I find over Heavy boots can ruin an Otherwise top Trip. Each to their own i Suppose mind.

Im also considering trangos at Present. Lighter, and more important For me, Vegan Friendly.
OP FesteringSore 12 Oct 2013
In reply to Choss: I'm thinking that I'd use the Trangos for summer and the Mantas in winter. As you say, they are on the heavy side and when I've worn them on flights I always have to take them off(much to the disgust of some passengers)
 Choss 12 Oct 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

my bad. Meant charmoz boots.
 martinph78 12 Oct 2013
In reply to FesteringSore: Hard to say really, but I suspect it's the B2 rating rather than the weight that is causing the problems?

Maybe have a look at a B0 or B1 boot (Scarpa Ranger or SL perhaps). If it was me, I'd probably get a B0 rated boot and save the Mantas for use with crampons/winter.

gethin_allen 12 Oct 2013
In reply to Martin1978:
I'd agree with this, treking in mantas must be hard work. If it is going to have to be one boot for everything the trango ultra lights are nice but if you only ever use a walking crampon these may still be overkill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...