UKC

Lidl Thinsulate jackets £17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dek 15 Oct 2013
A wee heads up for winter. Spotted this advertised in a National daily Rag. Not 'too' unlike a Patagonia micropuff, featherweight, a bit longer in the body, zip looks poor, but would slip under a soft or hardshell as a warm booster, fit is very neat and fewer hoodys than jackets in stock....
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action...
 TobyA 15 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: Just bought one for my son for rolling down the snow ploughed piles in through the winter. Seems ok and they are cheap - €17 here for the kids ones - but they are very thin and they don't have the loft that even the thin synth pullovers and jackets from well known brands have.
OP dek 15 Oct 2013
In reply to TobyA:
Aye, was just saying the other day, it's probably never been easier, or cheaper to get kitted out in warm clothing for winter days outdoors...if you do a bit of careful shopping around.
andyathome 15 Oct 2013
In reply to dek:
Are they 'thinsulate'?
OP dek 15 Oct 2013
In reply to andyathome:
> (In reply to dek)
> Are they 'thinsulate'?

The trademark is on the label...
 martinph78 15 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: I am by no means criticising these in anyway, I am genuinely interested to know where they get this from:

"insulates as low as -10°C for 2 hours of activity"

Seems like an odd claim, but one that would (with further investigation) help with a current research project.
 Timmd 16 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: I didn't know you were Scottish?
M0nkey 16 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: I tried one on. It looked quite good for the money. The cut was a bit strange though - quite short in the arms I found. I even went up a size to see if the arms would be longer, and found the arms in the XL were as short if not shorter than the L!
 victorclimber 16 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: just been and bought one have to be a good buy even if you just keep it in the rucksac for emergencies ..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...