UKC

Rolly Balls or Rock Rings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 23 Oct 2013
Whats the merits of either?

Decided to up my training game, so looking at a fingerboard and a set of balls/rings. Wondered if anyone can recommend one over the other?

I'm thinking the balls, as the fingerboard should cover my finger strength training and i can use the balls (eventually) to improve pinches. Well, logic seems to suggest that, unless i've overlooked something..

Any thoughts please?
Removed User 23 Oct 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

If you're only going to use the balls for pinch training that could probably be better achieved through a DIY 'bolt a couple of wooden blobs' (or holds) onto the board you're putting your fingerboard on.

That way you could get rings to improve overall strength if that's your thing?
OP Steve nevers 23 Oct 2013
In reply to Removed User: They'll be taking the place of a pull up bar really, plus some long term projects i need to up my pinch strength for (a lot!).
OP Steve nevers 23 Oct 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: Went for rollyballs, might add rings as well in time. I'm viewing the money spent on equipment as money i can't spend on beer that week, so hopefully that'll be a benefit in its own right!
 Kieran_John 24 Oct 2013

At risk of asking a personal question, how are you finding your balls? I've a pair of rock rings in the house and was debating hanging these next to them for a bit of a different work out.

I figure the more training equipment I have around the house, the better I'm going to get by osmosis, even if I don't use it...
OP Steve nevers 24 Oct 2013
In reply to Kieran_John:
> (In reply to Steve nevers)
>
> At risk of asking a personal question, how are you finding your balls?

Well i did have a famous guitarist hanging from my balls last night!

They are pretty good, slung them up on some old support bars with a couple of 240 slings and some triangular mailions, I'm a long way from getting my arse off the floor using the 'undergrip' (palms facing up squeezing the underside) bet i'm led to believe that when i/you work up to that point the gains for pinches & general finger strength should be good, (do you the fingers will have gotten strong to get to that point!). Plus the way i have them up it means i can larksfoot one of them to have them offset.

For £35 they seem a pretty good investment, although i did get so carried away on them yesterday by the time i made it to the centre i was stupidly pumped.
 Kieran_John 24 Oct 2013

What "model" are they?

Searching for climbing balls on the internet isn't very revealing (or is possibly a little too revealing).
OP Steve nevers 24 Oct 2013
In reply to Kieran_John: Lapis Holds Rollyballs.
Boulder-feesh 27 Oct 2013
Where did you get them from for £35?
OP Steve nevers 28 Oct 2013
In reply to Boulder-feesh: Got a Mates Rate from somewhere. Think they go for £45-50 normally.
 Kieran_John 29 Oct 2013

I think they're £40 at banana fingers at the moment, I'm still debating a pair myself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...