UKC

Google Apps - Accounting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anyone used Google Apps on here?

I am interested in using one of the accounting packages to replace my dreadfully dated (and expensive) old software.

Alan
 Deri Jones 06 Nov 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Have a look at FreeAgent, which you can connect to through your Google Apps account. UK based, simple to add stuff to and much simpler than Quickbooks/Sage etc for non accountanty types. My accountant seems to be able to get what he needs from it as well.
If you do go for it, email me and I can give you a discount code.
Cheers
Deri
 JR 06 Nov 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

We use Xero (linked to google apps) and find it fantastic - http://www.xero.com/uk/
 JR 06 Nov 2013

I've no experience with the free ones, though I suspect nothing is ever truly free - and most on that list are paid subscription model. You've got to consider what potential revenue stream a free one has up their sleeve when it has just raised $20million investment .(https://www.waveapps.com/about-us/)

Transactions auto appear in your accounts (as I believe can paypal) the bank feed costs about £3 per account per month extra - you just fill in an form and authorise their apps access and xero do the rest for you (takes a couple of weeks) - Can also be linked to your billing system shops, CRM. They have a iphone app to take receipt pictures and raise expenses. We spent a long time picking as integration was one of the most important factors and this came out top. Haven't been disappointed yet.
In reply to John Roberts (JR):

Thanks. My accountant has just spotted this thread and rung up and endorsed your comments!

Alan
 JR 06 Nov 2013

Great! Our accountant finds Xero really easy to use for them too - if your accountant runs it for multiple business (rather than you holding the account yourself) I think you can get a 15% discount - but then you have to consider that the software then lives with your accountant not you in case you need to move in accountant future (I don't think he'll endorse that!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...