UKC

Scarpa Vapour V

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anyone got any feedback on how much these stretch?
Trying the women's version in 37/37.5.
Currently wear a La Sportiva miura VS women's in a UK 4/ EU 37.

Thanks!
 1poundSOCKS 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Just Tintin: Not by as much as I expected, with having leather uppers. I get them nice and snug fitting, but not too uncomfortable straight from the shop. I've grown to despise overtight shoes, they don't help my climbing at all.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Just Tintin: Mine were fairly painful to start with, could wear them for maybe 15 mins at a time for the first couple of sessions. They stretched out very nicely after that though, where really comfortable after 4-5 sessions and I used them as my main trad/sport shoes for a long time after that.
 GPN 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Just Tintin:
As the others have said they stretch a bit, bit not excessively. I'm pretty sure the toe box is Lorica rather than leather which is maybe why they don't stretch as much as you might think. If they're slightly uncomfortable when new then that's probably about right. They're great shoes anyway and unlike lots of others they seem to maintain their stiffness quite well.
Thanks all - so I'll work on the basis that they'll stretch but not as much as leather, so if I start at pretty uncomfortable (rather than crippling, like I did with my miuras that were then fine after 3 sessions), they'll be workable within 3-5 sessions.

Out of curiosity how many sizes did you go down (if at all) from street size?
 1poundSOCKS 06 Nov 2013
In reply to Just Tintin: I think mine are UK size 7 (previous had 6.5, which was too tight), my street shoe size is either 7 1/2 or 8. I think I have a smaller size in the lace version, which seems to stretch more.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...