UKC

kalymnos - (Kos) Which uk aiport / airline early April

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hughsaints 07 Nov 2013
Hi

Me and a mate are interested in going to kalymnos early april. I know you fly to kos BUT I cannot find any flights in April.

Does any one know which airline flys to kos in April. I can find some in May but not April.

Help appreciated.

Cheers

Hugh
 Phill Mitch 07 Nov 2013
In reply to hughsaints: You might have the same trouble we had trying to fly there in November.
The solution was to fly to Athens then from Athens direct to Kalymnos.
 Murd 07 Nov 2013
In reply to hughsaints: think easyjet go out of Gatwick sometime in April
 icnoble 07 Nov 2013
In reply to hughsaints: my wife and I are going to Kalymnos the last week in Feb for 3 weeks. We are flying out with Easyjet from Gatwick to Athens and getting the overnight ferry from Athens directly to Kalymnos. Total cost of the flights about £450.
 carl dawson 08 Nov 2013
You can winter fly Manchester-Athens now.

If you're going to fly from Athens out to the islands, I'd suggest flying to Kaly on the way out (1 fun little plane, 2 saves money as no ferry nor 2 taxis to pay for as you can walk from the airport if you're skint! 3 doesn't matter too much if the plane is delayed 4 currently much cheaper than the Kos flight and not much more than the ferry) but, on the return leg, fly back from Kos to Athens as these flights are far less likely to be cancelled in bad weather and so chances of missed connections are minimised.

It will be pleasantly quiet in Feb. In previous years, it's been anything from a full week of 'balmy 16 degrees pleasant' to several days of violent thunderstorms. We've always been able to climb though.
 Tomar 08 Nov 2013
In reply to icnoble:
> (In reply to hughsaints) my wife and I are going to Kalymnos the last week in Feb for 3 weeks. We are flying out with Easyjet from Gatwick to Athens and getting the overnight ferry from Athens directly to Kalymnos. Total cost of the flights about £450.

Haha that's insane! Guys, you're better off going to Antalya: better weather (it can really be stormy until late april in Kaly), same climbing style, less crowds, dry tufas, cheaper and quicker flights (direct from pretty much anywhere in the UK to Antalya airport)...the camp site even picks you up at the airport. No brainer really.

Os_878 08 Nov 2013
In reply to hughsaints: It was Gatwick for us

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...