UKC

SPA - Work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tamati 10 Nov 2013
What's the likelihood of actually getting work in the Peak with the SPA?
 Panick 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Tamati: Plenty of Spas in the Peak district, great hot rock massage...
 Ropeboy 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Tamati:

Bump

Don't know, there's a lot of spa people already up here / in the peak but then again there are a lot of people wanting to climb!

J
OP Tamati 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Ropeboy:

Exactly what I thought.

I've been considering doing the course for a while. I'd just like to know if it would be worth it.

Panick 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Tamati: On a serious note then.. I passed my CWA and SPA this year and haven't found it much of a benefit in finding work so far. In the peak or anywhere else. Its a constant qualie chase, now looking to get my ML and D1 licence.
In reply to Tamati: you will get more work out of ml and spa or just the ml alone. Not really helpful as the ml is not that easy to get compared to the spa. Just my experience as an ml and spa instructor.
OP Tamati 11 Nov 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

I'm not looking for full time work. Just something to supplement Rope Access at times when I'm completely sick of working on site.
 Panick 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Tamati: Im sure you could get casual work in one of the larger climbing centres? How do you find getting rope access work? Its a route I've considered!
OP Tamati 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Panick:

I've been qualified for 2 years and have only had roughly 1 involuntary month off work. However, I know many people that really struggle for consistent work.

So it's hard to say really.
OP Tamati 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Panick:

Also, when you say "larger climbing centres" do you mean indoor walls or outdoor centres?
 Panick 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Tamati: Indoor centres, but if your only looking for casual work while rope access is quiet you might have a better chance
OP Tamati 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Panick:

Well, that's good to know. Is this something you know from experience?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...