UKC

Rockfax N Wales Climbs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Owen W-G 11 Nov 2013
Just arrived! Am I the first?
In reply to Owen W-G:

Looks good. I like the QR codes on the maps ^

Haven't had the chance to look through it fully yet, but it seems amazingly comprehensive.
OP Owen W-G 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

No graded ticklist - Boo!
Inclusion of a few random mid-Wales crags is a curio
In reply to Owen W-G:
> No graded ticklist - Boo!

Top 50 graded ticklist is there.

Alan
 jezb1 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: Million dollar question.. How does it compare to North Wales Rock?
 Cake 12 Nov 2013
In reply to jezb1:
> Million dollar question.. How does it compare to North Wales Rock?

Presumably, not enough people have it yet. Surely people are not too scared to say...?
 efrance24234 12 Nov 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: left wall gets E3 :/
 remus Global Crag Moderator 12 Nov 2013
In reply to efrance24234: With or without the direct finish?
In reply to efrance24234:
> (In reply to Owen W-G) left wall gets E3 :/

No it doesn't.

Alan
 The Grist 12 Nov 2013
In reply to jezb1: I had a good look through the book in a gear shop at the weekend. I was genuinely tempted to buy it before seeing it as all my friends have North wales rock and I thought it may be good to have something different. First thing that struck me is that many of the photo's - especially in the Pass - did not seem of the greatest quality. A lot of blurred features and lines. This is something that Rockfax are usually great at. It seemed that photos were taken on less than perfect days and the book suffered as a result. That was my honest first impression.
In reply to The Grist:
> (In reply to jezb1) I had a good look through the book in a gear shop at the weekend. I was genuinely tempted to buy it before seeing it as all my friends have North wales rock and I thought it may be good to have something different. First thing that struck me is that many of the photo's - especially in the Pass - did not seem of the greatest quality. A lot of blurred features and lines. This is something that Rockfax are usually great at. It seemed that photos were taken on less than perfect days and the book suffered as a result. That was my honest first impression.

That sounds like you may have been looking at a dodgy copy. The quality is pin sharp throughout the book - we are really happy with it. You can virtually see the individual holds on the Corner topo!

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...