UKC

Elbrus accommodation + advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 D.Andrew 12 Nov 2013
Hi all,
I'm looking at visiting Elbrus next year and was looking for any recommendations for half decent valley accommodation in or very near Azau / Terskol (suitable for access to the lifts). Any other general advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Dan
 pass and peak 14 Nov 2013
In reply to D.Andrew:
There's very little accom in Azau and only a small shop for products, good bar though. Terskol or even further down the valley are better bets, easy enough to catch taxi/bus up the road to the lifts if walking takes to long/heavy load etc. Just make sure what ever accommodation you go with that they can register your visa, otherwise you'll be fined at the airport on the way out. Often this means booking at least part of your trip with one of the many providers to ensure registration and support. Can't give you to much more advice than this as leading for one of these companies I suspect I would have a conflict of interest in helping out an independent traveler.
 Tom G 18 Nov 2013
In reply to D.Andrew:

Also bear in mind that if you are travelling on your own the police will probably try to extract a "Present Polizei" from you anyway whether your accommodation registers you or not.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...