UKC

Slipstones vandalism

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Herrington 18 Nov 2001
There are rumours circulating of very heavy route cleaning/chipping and excavation of boulders and bilberries below on of the existing problems, has been taking place at Slipstones in the area of Micro Corner and The Arch. Can anyone comment/confirm.
 Chris Fryer 18 Nov 2001
In reply to Herrington: I was there about 3 weeks ago and Micro Corner looked the same as it always has, ie desperate, and the only markings were a liberal dosing of chalk on the first 2m. Dont recall seeing any excavation of anything, but dont recall ever seeing any bilberries either.
Steve 18 Nov 2001
In reply to Herrington:
I climbed at Slipstones last Saturday and Sunday. I attempted the arch project as I have done over the last few months, non of the holds had changed then?? I also did micro corner, no evidence of chipping here either. The excavation of boulders is a bit of an exaggeration as a few rocks at the bases of a problem were moved to avoid broken ankles. The problems above this were previously unclimbed and definitely not chipped to my knowledge. Can you pinpoint exactly where the chipping has taken place and are you sure that the problems have been chipped? One of the new problems was cleaned but only with a toothbrush.
Your reply would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks Steve...

Herrington 19 Nov 2001
In reply to Steve:

The first hold on Arch Arete is the one under suspicion.

Was it always that positive?
Steve 19 Nov 2001
In reply to Herrington:
It depends which hold you are calling the first, the undercut or the edge. Ben Moon Pulled a hold off last week, the edge below the L shaped hold (its always creaked a bit). This hasn’t changed the nature of the problem. The L shaped hold definitely hadn’t been chipped a week last Sunday.
OP Anonymous 19 Nov 2001
In reply to Herrington:
if any of the buggers who chipped a hold are on here , they aint going to admit too it they never do, they always seem to chip themselves.
odd aint it ?
Steve 19 Nov 2001
In reply to Anonymous:
There is a good reason that you remain anonymous! Cos your comments aren’t worth putting a name to.

jon 20 Nov 2001
In reply to Herrington:

Some boulders have been excavated, which seemed like a good thing to me. Didn't see any sign of chipped holds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...