UKC

Bristol Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RichyBOYY 15 Nov 2013
just wondering what people think is the best places to boulder around bristol??
 Steve nevers 15 Nov 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY: Indoors. TCa is a clear 1st. Then Redpoint, then UCR.

Outdoors, theres bits dotted about, Ring Road Boulders is one of the better spots, don't bother with Gollums Cave, it usually has people living in it and is a utter state. The 'find a crag' thing on here as a few spots listed.
 Choss 15 Nov 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY:

I would add red outcrop, and donkey slide wall.

Frome Valley.

Sea walls right Hand area and new quarry ok as well.

Definitely give Gollums a swerve. Its horrible. And Harveys wall has massive blocks on pallets Below it, bad Landings.
 Bobling 15 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss:

Where's red outcrop Choss?
 Choss 15 Nov 2013
In reply to Bobling:

Its a Nice wee bouldering outcrop of good unpolished rock about 5m high, up in the woods a bit away From Gollums. Hardly ever Climbed on. Hard to find unless you Know. Shhh.
 Steve nevers 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss: Oh is red outcrop AKA merchants then?

If so the base of the 'crag' is a bit narrow and then steep. Also the nettles go mental in warm weather.

Wheres the other bits at?
 Steve nevers 16 Nov 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY: Meaning Donkey Slide Wall. I've had a hand alongside Mr Crocker adding lines to the bits in Eastville Park, tried to find details of previous stuff but couldn't find anything solid.
 Choss 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

Donkey slide wall is on south Side of River directly Below suspension bridge on Bris to pill cycle path.

Its Pretty good actually. Can be a tad brambly Landings, Take secateurs, and watch for cyclists.

Choss 16 Nov 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY:

And dont forget the bog wall. Its good Stuff. The Traverse is great.
 ianlaw 16 Nov 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY: Agree that indoors TCA - outdoor, Eastville Park is good but if you can find it then Merchant Compost is better. Nice little problems
 Steve nevers 16 Nov 2013
In reply to ianlaw: Been down Eastville today, topouts need a few more dry days due to it being at the base of the slope. Merchants/Redrock dries all over quicker.

Also another bouldering centre has had planning permission approved this week.
 Choss 16 Nov 2013
In reply to RichyBOYY:

just to say if anyone needs help finding any Bristol Spots, happy to show you where they are.
 Steve nevers 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss: I'd be keen to hear whats about, theres bound to be bits i've missed. Any chance you could sling me an email? Thanks.
 Bobling 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss:

Really? I had a look not that long ago and just found lots of undergrowth, it's worth persevering then?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...