UKC

Lost ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lost ropes 22 Nov 2013
Hi, had to leave in a hurry today so backed off milky way in lochan. Unfortunately ropes weren't retrievable and had no time to go back up to free them. Id be very grateful If anyone climbing in lochan in the gorms could return them, I live in central Scotland and would be happy to meet somewhere to get them back. Unfortunately i won't be back up climbing in gorms for quite a bit now. Also conditions up there are slowly getting there as well, there was another team out today enjoying the corrie as well. Many thanks
JimW 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Lost ropes:

Hi, sorry, only just read this. We climbed that route on sunday and saw the ropes but they were well iced up and we didn't want to free them, for fear of dropping gear on teams below. Would have struggled to carry them down given the amount of ice on them too!
 Jamie B 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Lost ropes:

Thaw next 2 days, might be the best chance for anyone feeling public-spirited? If I lived a bit closer I'd volunteer. What part of the route are they on?
 Andy Nisbet 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

I might be able to get them on Wednesday, if they are still there.
 ross 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Lost ropes:

Hiya, I saw these get removed yesterday. It would have been quite an effort as they had started to freeze in already. Hope you get them back, Ross.
OP Lost ropes 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Lost ropes:

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hopefully who ever has them will see this and get back to me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...