UKC

Yorkshire Gritstone Volume 2 ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Aston 26 Nov 2013
Hi,
just wondered if any body knows when Yorkshire Gritstone Volume 2 is going to be released ?
OP Chris Aston 26 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

hope its out soon : )
 Offwidth 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

When it has served its time and maybe earlier with good behaviour.
 chalkyjim 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

Should be out in time for crimbo.
Not this one though.
 Bulls Crack 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

when they've finished putting in my route 'Grindleys Senile Bull' Perhaps they're having trouble repeating it
 Marq 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

The comment made at the Yorkshire Area meeting on Monday was a plan to have it published before Christmas 2014.

Marq
 Offwidth 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Marq:

It is looking wonderfully good already, even at draft stage. This is an impressively run and hugely complex project with a stonking product at the half-way point. The team should be thanked with many a free pint even if, being set in yorkshire, they might not always materialise. Must be up with the greatest value for money guides ever?
 Dave Musgrove 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

After all you've said about my routes, Andy, and as I'll be doing the proof reading, don't expect too many stars!
 jack_44 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

Does anybody know what crags will be included?
OP Chris Aston 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Marq:

Thanks for that shame its not for this crimbo : )
OP Chris Aston 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

Thanks
 Offwidth 27 Nov 2013
In reply to jack_44:

Broadly left of a nw to se line. Obviously all those not in the other guide. Highlights include Rhylstone, Crookrise, Eastby, Earl, Widdop (inc bouldering in the area), Heptonstall, Bridestones, Huddersfield bits, Woodhouse Scar and Halifax bits, Shipley/Baildon, Ilkley.
Bingers 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Aston:

I was meant to be getting it for my birthday (last April) could you try really hard for next Christmas, but with an absolute deadline my 45th.

Thanks.

PS Whilst obviously I look like I'm only 21, I'm currently 43.
 Bulls Crack 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Dave Musgrove:

I'm looking for a chagrine smiley Dave.....

My views have changed since I actually started doing more again!
 Bulls Crack 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

And I'm not just saying that to get my new mega-route in heppy in the book...honest
 Dave Musgrove 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Believe it or not I did consider doing your route a couple of months ago but decided on a mega-grovel across the traverse of Strange Brew instead. That probably says more about my warped sense of climbing enjoyment than the quality of your route. I'm not sure who has done the write-up for Heppy yet but I'll try to maintain my professional, unbiased, judgement when I read the script
 jack_44 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks. May well be worth a purchase.
 Bulls Crack 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Dave Musgrove:

I make no great claims for it but the climbing's q good and it does provide the easiiest 'line' up this bit of the quarry. very traditional!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...