UKC

Global Independence

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chambers 28 Nov 2013
Whether you like it or not - and believe me I know that a lot of you don't - it's very nearly all over for capitalism. The way that we're going now the planet is going to be facing some very serious problems in the next four decades. All of these problems are surmountable. But not within capitalism.

Don't misunderstand me, here.

Compared to feudalism - the dominant economic system that capitalism replaced - capitalism was pretty f*cking neat for a while. It developed the means of production to the point where we could do a lot of fantastic shit on demand. Like placing a very heavy object on Mars. Feudalism could never have done that. But just as feudalism was radical when it supplanted what anthrof*ckingshitheads and bourgeois historians call 'classical antiquity', it outlived its usefulness. Capitalism has now outlived its usefulness, and it's time for an upgrade.

Under capitalism, half of the burgeoning population is malnourished. 25% are starving whilst 25% (roughly 25%, it's 37.1% if you look at Tamworth!) are overfed whilst still being undernourished. One or two percent of the population own more than they can ever consume, while the vast majority struggle to survive.

It gets worse. Much worse. Nations fall out over finite resources. World War 3.5 looks increasingly likely. Sea levels are rising as capitalist production rapes the planet with no thought for anything but short-term gain.

Wake up, people!
Wiley Coyote2 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

Looks like the pubs have shut
 Nevis-the-cat 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

I thought you were joking, till you gave the crucial Tamworth stats.

From here on, the revolution will overwhelm the capitalist lackies, like a left wing tsunami, and it will be known as the Day of the Tamworth Demographic.

OP Chambers 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

That's the kind of response that I've come to expect from you. Vaguely amusing if you happen to enjoy watching people's knees being hit gently in the right place with a light tap from a tiny hammer. Personally, I got bored with that at around the age of eight.

Still, three leagues ahead of stroppyslob, whose posts I don't even notice anymore.
OP Chambers 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:

LOL! I am joking! Never mind the knee-jerk reactionaries. Vive la humerous revolution!
 Cobbler 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

You see a problem. Other than asking people to "wake up", what solution do you propose?
 Nevis-the-cat 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

Tamowrth -we will nationalise snowboarding for the people
OP Chambers 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Cobbler:

A global revolution that replaces a system of society in which goods and services are produced for a market with a view to profit for the privileged minority with a system of society in which the means of production are placed firmly in the control of the whole of humanity. We might have to tickle a few people until they wet themselves and promise to stop trying to run the planet for themselves, but mostly it'll be a peaceful thing that just alters our reasons for producing shit. From then onwards, we'll produce directly for use. The fabulous technology that capitalism has developed will be set free, we can produce enough so that no-one starves or is short of the basic needs that all humans have, and from there we can do what the f*ck makes us happy.

Sounds utopian, hey?

A growing number of people - admittedly most of whom are under fifty - don't think so. We could explore the universe if we stopped being dicks!
OP Chambers 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:

Sadly, nationalising snowboarding is a reformist pipe-dream.
{note to self: Google 'snowboarding'. What the f*ck is snowboarding?}
Wiley Coyote2 28 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

A bit of repect for Stropygob, if you please. Thanks to his link I've just had a little trip down Memory Lane and watched an episode of Citizen Smith. Astonished to see it was actually in colour.

Seeing as the series proper ran from 3 November 1977 to 31 December 1980, it shouldn't be surprising.
Wiley Coyote2 29 Nov 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

Yeah, but what with the booze and all my chronology gets a bit muddled sometimes...

That's it mate. Come the revolution, you'll be first against the wall bop-bop-bop!
 Andy Hardy 29 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

Why would I produce anything if I don't get paid for it?
johnj 29 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:
> (In reply to NeilMac)
>
We could explore the universe if we stopped being dicks!

We are exploring the universe, it's called the secret space program, with bases on the moon, mars and beyond, this is why the US government is broke with the black hole of debt, it's all going to fund the classified projects.
 GrahamD 29 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

Your right. Time for an upgrade. Let us know when you have a plan.
Shearwater 29 Nov 2013
In reply to Chambers:

> {note to self: Google 'snowboarding'. What the f*ck is snowboarding?}

Waterboarding for those in cold climates.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...