UKC

NEWS: Vasil Vasil, new 9b+ by Ondra!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Dec 2013
Adam Ondra on Move, 9b/+, Flatanger, Norway, 4 kbAdam Ondra has made the first ascent of Vasil Vasil, 9b+, a route he bolted himself five years ago at Sloup in the Czech Republic.
According to his 8a-scorecard, it's a short route which starts with a 7 meter burly 8b section the leads straight into an 8B+ boulder section. It's more or less a "one...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68562
 Jim Brooke 04 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

surely this means he needs to add a 9c to the top of his performance pyramid...
 wynaptomos 04 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Isn't it a bit cold for hard climbing in the Czech Rep at this time of year??
 GeneralFifi 04 Dec 2013
In reply to wynaptomos:

Not really, its just about freezing atm so good friction yet not too cold - its a short route after all so you don't get that cold on it

Awsome effort though!
 cb_6 04 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I'd still be very interested to see him repeat a few more of Sharma's 9b routes, Jumbo Love and FRFM in particular, if only see what he thinks of the grade.
 najki_2000 04 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

And all that after he hurt his ankle/heel at a bouldering comp in Brno last Saturday

JLS 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Jim Brooke:

> surely this means he needs to add a 9c to the top of his performance pyramid...

Looks like he's content just to climb in his 9b+ comfort zone and isn't really very keen to push himself. I doubt he ever climb anything harder - doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.
 FreshSlate 05 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

My grandmother could climb that
Marcus357 05 Dec 2013
In reply to JLS:

> Looks like he's content just to climb in his 9b+ comfort zone and isn't really very keen to push himself. I doubt he ever climb anything harder - doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.

What makes you think that?
 Puppythedog 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Marcus357:

Sarcasm meter not working this morning?
DaBa 05 Dec 2013
In reply to cb_6:

It seems like Adam tried FRFM a couple of weeks ago: http://instagram.com/p/g8ei0QQz0V/
 Juicefree 05 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Does that make Hubble 9b+ now?
 progrupicola 05 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Looking at the pictures, I wonder if that heinous-looking move is ''only'' part of the..7 meters-burly, 8b section!!? (From the height he's, it very well be the case)....Good effort, beast!

In reply to UKC News:

Sounds like the Czech Republic's Hubble. Could be a while before a repeat, I'd think.

jcm
 JLS 05 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

-2 degrees and still it's tops off for power...
 USBRIT 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News: Great effort .Beat the current pole vault record by nearly 3 feet.

negaatio 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

thats impressive but what has he done on grit?
 RBonney 08 Dec 2013
In reply to DaBa:

I watched him try it, I think he was only in Margalef for 2 days but when we saw him try it just before he left he was falling off very close to the top, the move after crossing through with the mono. He was very close to getting and so impressive to watch.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...