UKC

Morocco in February

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sheffieldchris 07 Dec 2013
Looking to do Alpine routes in Morocco at the end of February around Mount Toubkal. have a basic gicerone guide book and know there is a French detailed book published.
Has anyone on here been at that time of year, I was there last April and there was still a lot of snow though I did not get any higher than the first village as I was leading a group of school kids.
 Mountain Llama 07 Dec 2013
In reply to sheffieldchris: Hi Chris

Was there this Feb with 10 friends, its ace! Stayed at the CAF toubkal hut, we hired mules and cook for trip. Snow levels lower than normal but still ok for alpine style summits and loads of ice climbing from cascades just out side the hut to multi pitch routes. Used des clarks cicerone guide and this Spanish guide http://www.libreriadesnivel.com/libros/toubkal/9788498291414/

Let me know if u need any more info

Cheers Davey

andrew ogilvie 07 Dec 2013
In reply to sheffieldchris:

Should be good. I was on Toubkal in Feb 2012 - nothing technical, just walking to the summit, but there was neve all the way down to the refuge (kind of like observatory gully in the spring) and temperature about -11°C overnight at the refuge. Its actually much nicer on toubkal in winter than in summer as the scree (and the frankly insanitary mess all around the hut) is covered in snow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...