UKC

DMM Cirque is legend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 funnybunnytom1 08 Dec 2013
Good T rated mountaineering axe. LOVE IT!
 The Potato 09 Dec 2013
In reply to funnybunnytom1:

i got one last month, still awaiting snow/ice
In reply to funnybunnytom1: why is it "legend"? Care to explain your random post?

L.A. 09 Dec 2013
In reply to Frank the Husky: Because hes 13 and over excited ?

Timmd 09 Dec 2013
In reply to L.A.:
Or...because he's 13 and just as excited as he should be*? ()

*I knew what you ment.
Post edited at 09:30
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Some people just need to brighten up ! I love everything about climbing!
 Timmd 13 Dec 2013

> Some people just need to brighten up !

I agree.()

Alex Slipchuk 13 Dec 2013

Are you an elaborately manufactured profile lying in wait, under a bridge of course, ready to pounce, troll style?

Timmd 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Big Man:
Nah, he's an enthusiastic 13 year old.

Post edited at 01:38

You'll see why I called that axe "legend" if you try it out. It's defiantly a better experience that the grivel air evolution axe (trust me
 Cameron94 15 Dec 2013

What makes you say that?

Have you used both in the hills or just held them?
 WJV0912 15 Dec 2013
Lads. The DMM Cirque is electric turquoise and anthracite, it doesn't matter how it fairs in the field, when I hold it I look cool as f*ck. I often take it out when I am running and everybody gasps and steps out of my way because they know how f*cking cool I am. It makes me run faster and climb mountains better. I sleep with it under my pillow. DMM Cirque is life. DMM Cirque is love.
In reply to Cameron94:

I have 2 50 cm cirque's , one with adze,one with hammer
In reply to WJV0912:
Haha like a boss!!
 Cameron94 16 Dec 2013

That doesn't answer the question.

Have you used the cirque and the airtech on the hill?
 mcdougal 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Cameron94:

It doesn't matter whether he's used it, what matters is how cool he looks while holding it. Please read the above.
 CurlyStevo 16 Dec 2013
The cirque has very little benefit over the grivel evo tech however if you are in to Alpine Climbing it has one major disadvantage it is quite a bit heavier. I also don't think it's as comfortable to use as a walking axe as the pick top is very thin whilst the grivel evo tech the shaft ends at the top of the blade making a much more comfortable handle.

I don't see the utility in owning two cirques, personally I'd flog one and get a tech axe to pair it with (and later get another tech axe)
Post edited at 17:03
In reply to Cameron94:
Of course I used the cirques. I think it's down to personal preference. You may prefer grivel axes etc... But I don't. I like the cirque because it's simple , tough ,comfortable for me and has a nice weight to it. But most importantly it's made in the UK. You may think "what an idiot, he doesn't use grivel's" but at the end of the day it's down to personal preference. My dad has always climbed routes with long,straight -shafted tools, as I said "it's down to personal preference". When the first accent of the North face of the Eiger was made it was climbed with straight shafted axes.
And when I went to buy my cirque's I tried many axes such as , BD Venom, Grivel Air Tech,and also some Stubai model. I walked out with the cirques. For more technical routes I use my DMM raptors with the more technical DMM Fly pick.
Post edited at 23:09
 TobyA 29 Dec 2013

> but at the end of the day it's down to personal preference.

Who decides for you first thing in the morning then?
 Cameron94 30 Dec 2013
Just to clarify I couldn't give a toss which brand of axe you use, I was merely curious as to whether you had used BOTH out on the hill or decided on one in the shop and stuck with that. Going from your reply I'm going to make a guess that you've not used the Airtech, which doesn't make a difference I was interested in if you had a reason for not liking it.
However you seemed to have latched on to the idea that I don't like dmm for some reason.

What has the first ascent of the Eiger's nf got to do with it?
Post edited at 01:21
 AndyGrey86 30 Dec 2013

Nice work Franco
In reply to TobyA:

Bob
In reply to Cameron94:

I'm not arguing with you and I know your next post is gonna be "you didn't answer this" and "WTF has that got to do with it " . Quite frankly CBA to argue with people. It's dead clever arguing with a 13 eh ?
In reply to AndyGrey86:

Thanks
In reply to The Big Man:

I think we could say the same about you username , LOL

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...