UKC

NEWS: Jacob Cook Ticks His Way Through Ilkley Testpieces

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Dec 2013
Jacob Cook on his flash ascent of the hard and high Cindy Crawford 7C, Ilkley, 3 kb

Since his ascent of The New Statesman, E8 7a, Leeds resident Jacob Cook has recently been quickly working his way through the big ticks at Ilkley in good style. Ticks include; Cindy Crawford, highball 7C/E7, Desperate Dan, E6 6b, and Guillotine, E6 6b.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68576
In reply to UKC News:

Nice ones. Conditions look pretty shite. Like the bloke holding up a golf club.

jcm
 Vybz 09 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

What a beast.
 Michael Hood 09 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News: Now imagine Ron doing first ascent of DD without the pads and (I think) in EBs.
 sammy5000 09 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Is this really news these routes are decades old I headpointed Guillotine 20 years ago my mates dave kells and dave ormerod told me it wasnt a proper ascent so me feeling discredited they both soloed it one onsight the other flash above a bloody beer mat! noted Kells also onsight soloed desperate dan above a beer mat with subsequent ascents of death watch E7 snap decision E7, bald pate super direct E6. oh and as for cindy crawford think quite a few of us had done those exact same moves but always chickened out at the top and ended up going right why? we never had any mats. anyhow not trying to say these arent good achievments just not really headline news! or am I wrong?
 papashango 09 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

a bloody beer mat??!

give me strength, my well 'ard mate climbed it above a single piece of A5 paper!
 cranc 09 Dec 2013
In reply to papashango:

> a bloody beer mat??!

> give me strength, my well 'ard mate climbed it above a single piece of A5 paper!

My mate is harder still.....he put some pointy rocks underneath it!
andyathome 09 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

Sammy. You didn't have a video So you were worth nothing as current news. You wouldn't get the clicks. And that is what is what drives the news.........

But I do think that Jacob deserves some credit: the boy done good!

And papashango - you could afford paper! Rich bastard!
 GPN 09 Dec 2013
In reply to papashango:

> a bloody beer mat??!

> give me strength, my well 'ard mate climbed it above a single piece of A5 paper!

We used to dream of having a single piece of A5 paper. We were lucky if we had a used piece of bog roll to land on...
pandarendermore 09 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

Back in my day beer mats were for pussies, being used for the sole purpose of resting or beverages on at the crag whilst we got lagggggered up and crushed!
 footwork 09 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Bloody rich bunch the lot of you! I had to draw a piece of paper in the mud with a stick when I did it back in't day. Course I couldn't throw the stick away as I had to use it to roll my hoop home
 Dave Foster 09 Dec 2013
In reply to GPN:

A piece of bog roll?! We used to dream of pieces of bog roll. We had that shite tracing paper like wot they had a school...
 Jonny2vests 10 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

> Is this really news

Who gives a f*ck, I like hearing about it and watching the vids. Now bore off.

Kemics 10 Dec 2013
In reply to footwork:

Mud to draw in!? You don't know how lucky you are, we had to haul bags of dirt and water to the base of the crag to mix our own.

But seriously some good climbing! I enjoyed watching the videos
 Kid Spatula 10 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

Yeah I've heard people do New Statesman every day now following their first climb indoors. Piece of piss.
 sammy5000 11 Dec 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:

new statesman is news the rest is old hat, or old pissheads ! as said ron climbed these in EBs try rollerskates now that would be a super video and real news!
 sammy5000 11 Dec 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:

tell me the last time 20 years ago your mates did something newsworthy! maybe we should be inspired!
 Jonny2vests 11 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

> tell me the last time 20 years ago your mates did something newsworthy!

Erm..., wibble? Try English.

Sam Beaton 11 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

I don't really need to see another film of an ascent of Gaia, but seeing film footage of somewhere less fashionable like Ilkley, even if the routes aren't the most recent, is great
 JMarkW 11 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

Agree with two vests on this, nice vid, local hero ticking hard route.

cheers
mark
John Dunne 12 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News: great to see the videos the more the merrier

alooker 12 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Always good to see good climbing, nice to see the stuff they did in Greenland too
Removed User 12 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Is there a better line on grit than The New Statesman? Maybe something at Wimberry but I'm not so sure.
 mark s 12 Dec 2013
In reply to sammy5000:

i just wish i was as amazing as you undoubtedly are
In reply to Removed User:

Reservoir Dogs and Widdop Wall make a pretty good duo at Widdop - incredible line and incredible blankness side-by-side.
 sammy5000 13 Dec 2013
In reply to mark s:

did you not understand what I was saying I was making a point that my ascent was no good theres been better 20 years ago , the vids are great but its still not news is it? new statesman is though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...