UKC

NEW REVIEW: Tears of the Dawn by Jules Lines

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 10 Dec 2013
Tears of the Dawn, 3 kbTears of the Dawn is the autobiography of UK climber Jules Lines.

Jules is one of those British climbers that are held in the highest regard by their peers; bold, understated and with perfect climbing technique, Jule's reputation goes before him.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=5992

John Alcock 10 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

I loved it. I thought it was one of the most gripping and vivid climbing books I have read in recent years. What a crazy life. If you're looking for a Christmas present then look no further.
 Alex More 10 Dec 2013
In reply to John Alcock:

Agree with John a fine read mostly about the DWS and solo antics, the way the author brings to life his extensive climbing experiences is absorbing, will and have recommend this as a good read!
 Colin Moody 11 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Very impressive stuff.
 PeteWilson 12 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Get It.

Easily the best book I have read, in some parts its more like reading a Tolkien book than a climbing autobiography!

More than worth the few quid it costs... a truly inspiring read!
 cb_6 14 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:
Yeah but what's he done on gr... oh wait.

Seriously though, have to admit I've never heard of this guy. Sounds like I should do some research!
Post edited at 12:39
 SGD 14 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:
I have to agree with all of the previous comments; it really is that good.
 DannyC 06 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

A fantastic, memorable and honest book. He's got obvious talent as a writer, as well as a climber. Loved it.
 Wee Davie 18 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just finished the book today. Got it as a Christmas prsent from a durty HOOR of my acquaintance.

Really enjoyed it and definitely recommend it. I agree with all the points Jack makes in his review. A great read.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...