UKC

Cliff Camping!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DreadyCraig 12 Dec 2013
Watching Charlie Boorman http://www.channel5.com/shows/charley-boormans-usa-adventure/episodes/episo...
he goes "cliff camping" FFS! Can't really see the point of sleeping on a cliff face unless it's part of a multi day climb.
I didn't think much of the guide, looks like he was kicking rocks down on the portaledge, getting them to swap ropes whilst jugging when they didn't seem to know what they were doing, then dropped one of them 15' onto the ground
 John Kelly 13 Dec 2013
In reply to DreadyCraig:

guide was shocking
 Mark Collins 13 Dec 2013
In reply to DreadyCraig:

I'll have to have a look at the programme later, but I love cliff camping. Its great hanging out with a few Tawny Owls down at my local quarry.
 FreshSlate 14 Dec 2013
In reply to DreadyCraig:

Really good guide. Qualifications: Once dropped a camera man 15 feet. Well done you stupid prick.
 Dave 88 14 Dec 2013
In reply to DreadyCraig:

Where the hell did hey find that bloke? Truly awful.
 deepsoup 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave 88:
> Where the hell did hey find that bloke?

Perhaps Bear Grylls recommended him.
 Mark Collins 15 Dec 2013
In reply to DreadyCraig:

Just finished watching the cliff camping section, couldn't be bothered with the rest as that player doesn't seem to work very well with my setup here. Very odd, they seem to have fitted the worst experiences that have happened to me in decades of climbing, into a couple of hours. I would suggest wholly set up for the viewers to add drama and interest, and if not then its extremely worrying.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...