UKC

recommend me a climbing coach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 12 Dec 2013
Looking to move from sport 7a to 7c in two years as now 43 and still very motivated

Has anyone used a coach, if so can anyone be recommended in the peak
In reply to llanberis36:

One of The Works coaches or Katherine Schirrmacher
 TonyB 12 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

Where about are you based? I have similar aspirations sport 7b-8a in three years. I'm based in Loughborough but keen to go to the peak for projecting.
OP llanberis36 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Thanks Graeme will go for that
OP llanberis36 12 Dec 2013
In reply to TonyB:

Hi tony

in Buxton, and mainly climbing in the peak, have a few in mind at raven tor as very local and usually in condition, although not today as i found out, it was soaking
 TonyB 12 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

Did you happen to see if obscene toilet was wet? I'd really like to get on it before Christmas.
Etak 12 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

John kettle - tho is lakes based
 Jon Stewart 12 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

Adam (Harrison?) at The Edge knows his beans. I just did one session with him, which was incredibly useful, but for a bit more cash he'll sort out a personalised training plan for you, based on your strengths/weaknesses/goals.
 JanBella 12 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:
i also had few sessions with John Kettle. He's really good and explains things in great detail.
OP llanberis36 13 Dec 2013
In reply to TonyB: had a look and bottom bit very wet went on this a few times over summeer good moves hard long move on crux and still tough above

David Coley 13 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

Adrian Berry
 j_duds 13 Dec 2013
 Mark Harding 13 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

I've also heard John Kettle is very good, just coversation at the wall etc.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 13 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

Tom Randall is pretty good. I've only had a few hours coaching with him but there was plenty of really good advice going round. He also does some coaching for the british team which would suggest he's not shit.
 TonyB 14 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

Thanks for the update about the conditions. It's what I expected, hopefully it will dry out early in the spring. cheers Tony
OP llanberis36 14 Dec 2013
In reply to TonyB: I woudnt wait that long just needs a few days dry and soon dries out will be down there today

In reply to TonyB: dry today

TonyB 14 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

Thanks for the update. You're not interested in a trip to the Tor tomorrow are you?
In reply to TonyB:

sorry not tomorrow will be there next weekend and the odd day over the christmas week
 cwarby 14 Dec 2013
In reply to llanberis36:

At your grade a 1:2:1 with Steve Mc @ The Foundry.
Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...