UKC

Printer Problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 14 Dec 2013

I've recently bought a Brother MFC-J870DW printer and I'm printing off some calenders. All was fine until I put some new cartridges in which I'd bought from a third party supplier. Now the print quality is not as good and the images are printing with thin horizontal dark lines across them. Also, where the calendar "grid" appears the black ink is smudging when I rub my finger across it.

The cartridges came in what appears to be genuine brother packaging(they're the LC121 cartridges).

Just wondering if I've been "done" 80(

Anyone else use Brother?

Post edited at 18:57
Removed User 14 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

I can't comment as to whether you've been done, but have you tried running the 'clean print head' function and then running the 'test print' option. It might help.
OP FesteringSore 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Removed User:

Done the cleaning process twice. Test sheet looks ok.
In reply to Removed User:

When I printed last night I'd only replaced one cartridge(blue) but I had to replace the others today and it's gone downhill since.
 balmybaldwin 14 Dec 2013

On printers ive had you have to go through a procedure to align the cartridges, no idea if this appliers to yours though.

Re smudging, have you changed the paper? differnt paper brands and qualities make a big difference especialy for ink jets ? It could also be too much ink, not drying, so check how it is if you leave to dry a bit longer.
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> On printers ive had you have to go through a procedure to align the cartridges, no idea if this appliers to yours though.

Can't see any procedure for alignment. I put them in as I did the originals.

> Re smudging, have you changed the paper? differnt paper brands and qualities make a big difference especialy for ink jets ? It could also be too much ink, not drying, so check how it is if you leave to dry a bit longer.

Printed a "test" and left it for half an hour + - still smudging. The colours are coming out very poor.
Whoops. Just checked my printer setting and found they had "defaulted" back to plain paper instead of photo paper - sorted :0)

emmathefish 19 Dec 2013

I got a Brother A3 wireless printer (I can't be bothered to find out the exact model) and I wanted it so I could print out booklets from InDesign etc. however it hasn't worked, and doesn't respond to my computer, and doesn't print double sided, and various other problems. SO overall I am really unimpressed with the printer. Perhaps take a hammer to it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...