UKC

Bad Online Shop - Advice needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim.W.Climber 21 Dec 2013
Hello,

I purchased Online a pair of pole dancing shoes for the girl friend for xmas. I placed the order 2nd December and there website assures delivery in 7 day

19 days on and the online shop are being slow at communicating and are making up every excuse blaming there suppliers (might be true but really not my problem).

How here’s my question,

Has anyone ever had to use PayPal for disputes? How easy is it?

If I (or more likely my partner) accurately put on various pole dancing forums negative feedback regarding my experience, could these posts be considered slanderous?

Also are there any other pieces of advice anyone can give?

Thanks

Tim
In reply to Tim.W.Climber:

Have you asked for your money back?

Choss 21 Dec 2013

There are pole dancing forums???

Im wasting my Time on here :-D
 Oceanrower 21 Dec 2013

I wasn't the only one that had to google "pole dancing shoes"

Was I?
 Choss 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

> I wasn't the only one that had to google "pole dancing shoes"

> Was I?

No. I did too.
 FreshSlate 21 Dec 2013

IF you're telling the truth it's not libel. But the forum who may not be able to judge this may take your posts down just in case.
johnj 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Choss:

what did you find?
 Choss 21 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:

> what did you find?

Just very high heeled, high platformed shoes. They Probably serve a Purpose for pole Dancers, Like stickies for us lot. Wasnt a fan Myself. Whatever floats your boat Though.
johnj 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Choss:

cheers.
 pec 21 Dec 2013

Are pole dancing shoes otherwise known as FMB's? Just wondered.
 Lucy Wallace 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Choss:

Heavens. I googled them too. You'd need a pole to hang on to to stop yourself from toppling over in those things. I'll stick to my b3s.
 Mountain Llama 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Tim.W.Climber: What do u call a poll dancing troll?

JamButty 21 Dec 2013

I presume deliberately you detracted the thread more about pole dancing than paypal, so you're going to get lots of comments re that.(can you send links re forums )

re paypal, my experience of them is excellent (did you do via ebay?). You need to keep a log of communications, give them appropriate deadlines and register a complaint via paypal.
Stuffed for Xmas I guess tho.....

Tim.W.Climber 21 Dec 2013
In reply to JamButty:

Hi guys, Thanks for your response, My understanding is that pole dancing shoes are a beefed up high heal shoes. They are more durable, the heals are re-enforced but also the straps hold on too feet are different, usual having toughened straps around the toes and ankles. Supposing you use the top of your foot and heal for climbing the pole (same as rope climbing).

Regarding paypal, its nice to know that the process is easy. If i don’t get a good response from them on Monday I’ll just tell them I want my money back. I think 3 day notice should be enough. All emails they have sent (Including one fake delivery notification) have all be saved should be easy.

And because i know there will be a number of disappointed good UKclimbing folk if i don’t post the link

http://polexia.net/

Also there are a number of Facebook groups as you would expect
Three days may not be enough. What did the website T &C say - assures or guarantees 7 day delivery? What is the fall back delivery? Some website say 28 days. Also some say time is only part of the contract if the items are in stock. If you wish to hold them in breach of contract time has to be of the essence of the contract. You can make it that now if you wish. Distance selling regs mean you could always return if they are not now needed if they have already been posted out (probably cost you postage though unless delivery time was a guarantee). If not posted you may have the option to cancel before they are posted. You need to check the actual T&Cs. All that said Paypal will probably just give you a refund irrespective of actual details!
If you are going to publish online, you need to be careful. You must make sure you only tell provable facts, the truth, and all is reasonable and ideally that what you can be prove if necessary. You should give then an option to respond though before you do.

Choss 21 Dec 2013

Thats my new favourite Internet forum.

I Like the whole is britney Spears too slutty or just slutty enough Debate. Apparently she was way hot in the early days, but shes a Train wreck these days, and community Opinion is divided whether her music is good to pole Dance too?
johnj 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Choss:
As it's your new favourite forum, maybe you could log on and go about the usual trolling other forums for xmas hi jinxs event?
Post edited at 19:38
 Choss 21 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:

> As it's your new favourite forum, maybe you could log on and go about the usual trolling other forums for xmas hi jinxs event?

No. Im not going Back! I feel slightly dirty now.
 Mountain Llama 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Choss:

do u just feel like ur spinning around......

David Barratt 21 Dec 2013

Is this more of a present for yourself?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...