UKC

Trango big bro?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 22 Dec 2013
Anyone ever bought one in the UK. Fruitless 40 odd minutes searching for uk based ones.
Admittedly I am not the best at finding things on the net- my mind doesn't work in the same way as the search engines.

So I am looking for a shop or online shop selling them in the UK.
Cheers
Erick
 k_os 22 Dec 2013
In reply to French Erick:

a quick search suggests they aren't CE certified and as such can't be sold here (or officially in the EU, but people have mentioned seeing them in Euro shops).

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=538408
 Tom Last 22 Dec 2013

Is this one of the bits of gear that isn't CE marked and hence not available to buy in Europe? Much like Aliens used to be?
 TobyA 22 Dec 2013
In reply to kos_os:

> (or officially in the EU, but people have mentioned seeing them in Euro shops).

Yep, I've seen them for sale in Stockholm oddly.

Burnsie 23 Dec 2013

Awright Erick, how's tricks?
I got one in Canada years ago and I've never used it. Make me an offer !
Think it's a blue one but I'll have to dig it out and confirm.
 Siderunner 25 Dec 2013

Might be worth researching these to avoid wasting your money. A mate of mine bought one years ago and after we Mucked around with it, it never saw the light of day again.

Everyone I've seen climbing wide stuff uses big cams like 4.5 to 6 camalots or w c friends.

Having mucked around with the big bro, I'd say its very fiddly and a faff to place, and when placed it's hard to be sure it'll hold. Neither of these are helpful attributes with the style of climbing they're generally used on: off widths tends to be exhausting, feel precarious whilst moving up, and allow few gear placements (so they need to be bomber).

If you've already got an arsenal of big friends up to 6 and have specific projects in mind, then you probably know more about it than i do - as do many others on here - so ignore me, just trying to help!
 Choss 25 Dec 2013

Ship Worldwide on fleabay UK.

Wont let me post Link for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...