UKC

Mammut Eiger Nordwand jacket and pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Atkinson 27 Dec 2013
anyone had any experience with these Alpine climbing, ski mountaineering, side country and able to offer a review?

ta P
 Col Kingshott 27 Dec 2013
In reply to Paul Atkinson:

I used them all last season for Scottish winter climbing. I really rate them but did get a decent discount on RRP. Couldn't comment on usage for what you're asking though. I think last seasons version of the trousers were made of very thin Gore-Tex and probably wouldn't last for ages getting hammered over rock. This seasons ones are made of a more durable material so I'm getting some of them. I think that both the jacket and trousers are well made and designed without loads of naff features. Not sure I'd pay full RRP for them but they're probably a similar price to most flagship jackets now. I've used trousers and jackets from most the major brands and these are definitely my favorites.

Incidentally I'm 5'10" and 11st with a runners build and fit perfectly in a size medium.

Regards,

Col.
OP Paul Atkinson 27 Dec 2013
In reply to Col Kingshott:

Thanks for that Col, some useful info there. I'm planning a trip to Hathersage from Manchester to try them on - I'm 6'5" 88kg gangly so fit is often a killer issue. Have got some other Mammut kit that fits me well though. How much insulation can you comfortably get between jacket and base layer?

P
 Col Kingshott 27 Dec 2013

An R1 hoody would be fine. I never put anything more than that under my jacket, but I reckon something like a nano puff would probably fit. I use arcteryx phase AR baselayers for winter. I prefer to overlayer with synthetics. I tried a size small but it was too restrictive. I do like close fitting clothing.

They sell them in the square shop part of outside.

Col.
OP Paul Atkinson 27 Dec 2013
In reply to Col Kingshott:

Thanks - we seem to share the same taste in base and mid layers so that makes me hopeful about the jacket

P
OP Paul Atkinson 28 Dec 2013

Bump
 PPP 28 Dec 2013

Might worth checking: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4122

Though it's Extreme version, don't know any differences between them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...