UKC

Ski Sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
johnj 05 Jan 2014
Evening, is on for all you ski fans

Just one thought what's Graham Bell still doing demoing the course with a hand held camera, has he never heard of Go Pro?
 Dark-Cloud 05 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:
I imagine he has but the BBC probably know whilst the GoPro does a great job it isn't really broadcast quality for a segment that can run to 2 or 3 minutes.....
Post edited at 19:20
johnj 05 Jan 2014
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Well from the way it looks on the TV I watched it on the BBC seem to think about 20 seconds of edited shaky footage that's on a par with an 80's video game is broadcast quality, so who am I to judge
 JH74 05 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

Is this the right place to start an Ed Leigh hate campaign? Don't tell me you haven't thought that he's worthy..
johnj 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

If this is where you start your campaign, well that's life, I think he's well rad brah
 due 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

The splitboarding trip was a bit rubbish wasn't it? If the weather was bad why not do a bit more on the actual splitboards? My dad had certainly never seen one before
 JH74 05 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

Could it be his radness that gets me I wonder? Is he... too rad?
johnj 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

> Could it be his radness that gets me I wonder? Is he... too rad?

As in rad as yer dad?
 Alyson 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

I love Ed! His radness is way sexy.
 JH74 05 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

Maybe; although your comment leaves me with some uncertainty.
 JH74 05 Jan 2014
In reply to Alyson:

I wish I could prove that it isn't.
johnj 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

> Maybe; although your comment leaves me with some uncertainty.

I get you; If I try and say it in yoof speak it just sounds wrong! More like trad as yer dad, therefore would it be rad as yer stepdad, sick brah?
 Alyson 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

I'd need some serious convincing. You'd probably have to show your workings out.
 JH74 05 Jan 2014
In reply to Alyson:

I suspect it's more a gut feeling which couldn't be explained in prose; more grunts and deformed gesticulations, maybe similar to a poisoned sasquatch. If something more descriptive comes along I'll write it down.
johnj 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

Here you go, this is why I'm a fan of his work!

youtube.com/watch?v=hh3H7WUumjc&
 JH74 05 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

I've only just started watching it but I will tell you that, based on what I've seen so far, he is the Bear Grylls of snowboarding. Wow.
johnj 05 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

Yeah he's a snow boarding journalist, I don't think he ever makes out he's anything else, but you can hate him if you want, that's you call. Don't worry I anit going spam the boards with an Ed Leigh wankfest;+)
Post edited at 21:01
 Chris the Tall 05 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

1 - graham bell. I rather suspect his camera is slightly more advanced than a Go-pro. What I'd like to know is how long it takes him to get down in comparison to the pros. Looks to me like he takes the racing line and gets plenty of air

2 - Ed Leigh - what's the problem ? Knows his subject and is passionate about it. Comes over as a genuine enthusiast, but can see anything wrong with his broadcasting.

TV is full who make me wonder how they got there, but not these two
 MtnGeekUK 06 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

What happened to the LOVELY Amy Williams being on this?
johnj 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> 1 - graham bell. I rather suspect his camera is slightly more advanced than a Go-pro. What I'd like to know is how long it takes him to get down in comparison to the pros. Looks to me like he takes the racing line and gets plenty of air

Sorry I should have made my self a bit clearer it's not the camera formats, so to speak, just the one handed holding of the camera which is very shaky plus this technique is obviously slowing him down in relation to your other point, I just used the branded name as an example.

> 2 - Ed Leigh - what's the problem ? Knows his subject and is passionate about it. Comes over as a genuine enthusiast, but can see anything wrong with his broadcasting.

I'm in complete agreement on this point.

> TV is full who make me wonder how they got there, but not these two
Post edited at 08:12
johnj 06 Jan 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

> What happened to the LOVELY Amy Williams being on this?

I dunno, maybe she'll make a showing on later episodes or other broadcasts, it's a big year for winter sports with the upcoming Olympics
 wadey1973 07 Jan 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

Grrr!
 Guy 07 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

GoPro mounted on his ski for the look back shots. I think the hand held is used for better audio plus it isn't as wide angle to give a better sense of speed.
 sharpie530 07 Jan 2014
In reply to johnj:

He did a piece about his course runs and the cameras he uses, and the mounting options they try, last year if I remember rightly. Uses a range of brands for different purposes. I think they were going to try mounting a gopro on his ski boot, but it fell off near the start.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...