UKC

First pair of half ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ianlaw 05 Jan 2014
Any recommendations?

I was looking at these as they are cheap and seem like there isn't anything 'wrong' with them...?

http://www.dicksclimbing.com/collections/rope/products/tendon-ambition-8-5m...
 crayefish 05 Jan 2014
In reply to ianlaw:

Not that many rated falls compared to the big manufacturers and probably worth getting something with the full dry treatment if you're into any winter climbing(core as well) as they will be usable in a wider range of conditions (you'd probably buy a full dry treated pair later anyway if you do this type of stuff).

But as a set of cheap ropes for cragging where you don't mind a bit of wear, they're great value certainly.
 GridNorth 05 Jan 2014
In reply to ianlaw:

Depends what you want them for. Personally I think 50 metre untreated ropes are fine for UK trad unless you intend to climb in the rain a lot.
 Emma Armstrong 05 Jan 2014
In reply to ianlaw:

I have those tendon half ropes (60m dry treated) and they are well worth the money, for both summer and winter use.
Mountainleisureperth.com have them going for £185 and are offering a 10% discount if you use the code "MLP-JANUARY"
 ianstevens 05 Jan 2014
In reply to Emma Armstrong:

I've got Tendon ropes as well (admittedly the thinner ones) and they are possibly the best ropes I have ever owned. Durable, nice to use and light to boot! Have been using mine solid for around 2 years now.
OP ianlaw 06 Jan 2014
In reply to ianlaw:

Thank you for all the advice - very useful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...