UKC

Help! Shop has my cash and no goods yet...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gibson 08 Jan 2014
Hi all, wondering what to do here....

I bought a guitar amp online on the 18th of Dec, paid for next day delivery and check on the 20th for the tracking info. Nothing there so I phone hte shop only to be told that they have loaned the amp out to someone who is having a repair done and can't tell me when it will be back in. Am I happy to wait? Not really but it was such a good deal that I decide to wait.
Nearly three weeks have gone by so I emailed on Thursday there asking for an update. Nothing. I phone on Saturday and I'm told I'll be called back. Nothing. I phone again on Monday, told I'll get a phonecall back. Nothing.
I'm going to phone again in an hour or so and ask to speak to the shoop manager. I know I said I would wait but I feel they are taking the pi$$ a bit now, especially on the comms side of things.
What would you do?
 jkarran 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

Phone again, see what's happening.
jk
 blurty 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

Tell them you want a refund immediately, confirm it in writing

Should either produce the amp, or the cash

keep the pressure on them
OP Gibson 08 Jan 2014
Cheers guys, I'm just about to call and wanted some ammunition really.
I really want the amp as it's such a good deal and I won't find it anywhere at this price so I didn't want to ask for a refund. I take it they are not obligated to sort this out and it's just a case of being at their mercy? Poor customer service I think.
 John Ww 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

So you've paid for it, but they've lent it to somebody else, i.e somebody else is using the amp you've paid for???

How is this NOT taking the piss?

If the shop wants to lend this person an amp, tell them to lend them one of their shop amps, and that you want the one you've paid for (or an exact replacement) despatched first thing tomorrow morning - at no extra cost to you.

Otherwise, tell them you want the money back in your bank account this afternoon.

JW
OP Gibson 08 Jan 2014
In reply to John Ww:

Thats the argument I put forward when I discovered what had happened but the girl there was really obnoxious and basically said that I either wait for it to come back, she couldn't tell me when, or she'd refund my money.
I was ok to wait but now it's getting ridiculous.

Phoned again this afternoon and they are chasing the person they have loaned the amp to so I'll hear back tomorrow with any luck.
Will this be a 'third hand' instead of 'second hand' amp now though so hopefully they'll do something on the price. I won't hold my breath.

Stay away from Andertons music.
 crayefish 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

I have experienced things of this nature before. I found one of the best things to do is write an email to trading standards explaining everything (including a copy of the email exchange) and cc the company into it. If the company doesn't sort it out sharpish then trading standards should.

Look on your local council website for their branch of trading standards.
 Puppythedog 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

Take the refund, whilst still well within the protection period if you used a credit card. Might be cheap but you're being phenomenally messed about.
 balmybaldwin 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

My normal approach to anything like this is to make their lives impossible until they sort out the problem.

Fill their facebook page with complaints if they have one. If they ban you from the page, rope in friends to assist (just make sure you dont slander them)

Phone them incesently for an hour.(withhold your number) phone every number they have every minute or so. Make it so that no other customers can get through. Perhaps ask to wait if they insist you need to talk to a manager etc.

Record details of the calls, who you speak to etc.
Contact trading standards etc as well, bombard their website with email complaints, if possible get or guess at the owners address and details.

If you can visit the shop in person, stand in the doorway, and calmly refuse to leave or let any customers in.

Normally just being a pain in the arse will get the problem sorted.

If I were you I would demand at least 10% further discount on the price, as the item has now clearly been damaged and is not in the state it was when you bought it, or some form of compensation if you go for a refund
 balmybaldwin 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

As it happens, they are about 500m from my office. They have a very good reputation, which means theyll most likely want to protect it.
 winhill 08 Jan 2014
In reply to John Ww:

> So you've paid for it, but they've lent it to somebody else, i.e somebody else is using the amp you've paid for???

> How is this NOT taking the piss?

> If the shop wants to lend this person an amp, tell them to lend them one of their shop amps, and that you want the one you've paid for (or an exact replacement) despatched first thing tomorrow morning - at no extra cost to you.

> Otherwise, tell them you want the money back in your bank account this afternoon.

> JW

OP agreed to wait until the amp came back, I don't think they appear to have refused a refund or given a date when the other amp would be repaired, as they didn't know.

It's all a bit meh, isn't it?
 balmybaldwin 08 Jan 2014
In reply to winhill:

You may have a point, but it hink its more than a bit meh. The op has had to chase how many times?, paid for next day delivery and only a day after do the shop tell him they didnt have the goods to send, also that they are no longer as described (2nd hand)

In other circumstances you might say it looks like a scam.
 Trangia 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

Talk to Trading Standards Officer?
J1234 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

I`m wondering if someone has offered them more money for it and they want you to back out of the deal. It`s all a bit bad really, have you spoken to the boss?
 FreshSlate 08 Jan 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Bit OTT. The CC with trading standards is more my style. Have once embarassed a outdoor company on here.

The loaning out of the amp after you have bought it is absolutely not on. If they are bullshitting you then that deserves for their name/business to get a good kicking but I'm thinking they are just being a little stupid and you have bought an amp and someone has lent it out without realising.

Have they explained why they lent your property out?
 FreshSlate 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

What guitar amp is it by the way?
OP Gibson 08 Jan 2014
I've had no explanation as to why they loaned it out, I assumed it would have been an error and as angry as I was, understand that these things happen. It's their lack of contact and inability to tell me what is actually happening that's really pissing me off.

The amp is a Blackstar Stage HT60!
OP Gibson 08 Jan 2014
In reply to GLUF:

Not spoken to boss, this is the last chance though. If I don't hear back something concrete tomorrow I'm putting in a complaint and asking for a refund.

Jobbies.
 John Ww 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Gibson:

So what's happening?

JW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...