UKC

New DMM Renegade Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 22 Jan 2014
Hi

How have folk found the changes to the design of the new Renegade harness? I'm particular;y interested in how well it accommodates 4 ice screw clippers - I know 2 can be placed to not interfere with the other loops, but what about the other 2? Do they cause any major issues? Also, 7 loops is a lot - how well does this work when racking now they have changed the angles on the loops to push the gear back a bit?

Ta,

Si
 steveshaking 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Si Withington:

New design works for me. Good fit etc. The gear loops completely different. THere are a lot but they aren't big. Soit helps keeps things separate. I have only used a single clipper and that was fine. I have just moved it to the forward position to help visibility, it does cut through the forward gear loop but it's still usable. howevever some capacity will be lost.
 Jordan_Hollins 22 Jan 2014

I have found that the gear loops are rather unnecessary, I struggle to find two of them when racking gear. The floating hip pad is brilliant, I can't fault that.
I haven't used the ice screw clips so can't comment on that but the gear loops are just too excessive.
 TobyA 22 Jan 2014

A reasonably in-depth review of the Renegade 2 here: http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.fi/2013/10/dmm-renegade-harness-review.ht... and just for you, i stuck the clippers on and some screws and took a photo: http://instagram.com/p/jeDxASrvH1/# How's that for service?

I think I wouldn't use the front gear rack if I was using the two clippers like that, but you've still got the two back racks which would hold loads quickdraws and other bits of gear.
OP Si Withington 22 Jan 2014

Cheers for that folks and ta Toby for the pic! I could put up with that arrangement for the screw clippers. Not sold on 7 loops though - I've never needed more than 4 for long trad. I'll take a look at it though all the same as it's the best of a bad bunch of harnesses currently on the market!! Cheers again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...