UKC

Swiss mountain rescue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Šljiva 24 Jan 2014
Is it free or charged in an emergency?
 9fingerjon 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Šljiva:
It's charged - and they generally use helicopters, so it can be very pricey. 6000CHF was the cost of 1 rescue I've seen. So decent insurance is definitely recommended!
Having said that, it's a great rescue service that is funded by people who pay a yearly membership. you can support by being a patron, see - http://www.rega.ch for details.

Just spotted this is in the ski forum - in resorts rescue is often by piste patrol. In my experience sometimes they charge and sometimes they don't. They still use Rega if they feel it's needed and then you'd want to be well covered.
Post edited at 22:17
OP Šljiva 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Šljiva:

cheers, looks like I'm a bit stuck though as I'm already here for work so can't get a days insurance cover :s
 dsh 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Šljiva:

You should be able to get an annual policy though, not that expensive in Europe
 kestrelspl 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Šljiva:

Some resorts offer insurance with the lift pass, you have to be a bit careful about it covering repatriation and other costs of being a foreigner once you're off the hill though as it's normally designed for locals.
 Dark-Cloud 25 Jan 2014
In reply to kestrelspl:
In Verbier i always pay the 3 CHF extra a day on the lift pass for insurance, gets you off the mountain by whatever means is required.
Post edited at 10:33
OP Šljiva 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
I did ask about that but it wasn't offered. still in one piece though will plan better if I get sent here again. thanks all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...