UKC

Deep Water Soloing Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr Chris J 27 Jan 2014
I've been phoning around lots of insurance providers, can find plenty covering climbing/bouldering but none so far have covered DWS - including the BMC now.

Would be really grateful if someone can point me in the right direction!

C
 crayefish 27 Jan 2014
In reply to Mr Chris J:

Get watersports insurance and deny that you were ever on that rock face? Or say you are a hill walker and you got blown off the cliff into the sea? Those climbing shoes are just a fashion statement
 ebdon 27 Jan 2014
In reply to Mr Chris J:

Really? I'm pretty sure i've been covered for DWS in the past by both the BMC and Snowcard - maybe they've had some claims and altered the policy
 Dave Lucas 27 Jan 2014
In reply to Mr Chris J:
I am in The Philippines putting together a new DWS expedition and I am also planning two DWS expeditions to Vietnam later this year. I spoke to Ray the BMC insurance guru about this in order to prepare for these trips and he said that DWS was covered.

Things change so I just looked at the BMC website and under the Rock policy it clearly states that DWS is covered. The BMC is a great and worthy cause. I have tested their insurance on many occasions, every time they came up trumps and provided a fantastic service.

I hope this helps

Dave
OP Mr Chris J 01 Feb 2014
In reply to Team BMC:

That's great thanks - I'll be right in touch. Sadly I wasn't given the same information when I spoke with one of your colleagues before I left the UK, but glad to have it resolved. Keep up the good work!

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...