UKC

Interrail sport climbing trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GwilymR 27 Jan 2014
Has anyone done an interrail and sport climbing combo?
I'm looking to spend 2 - 3 weeks travelling Europe and climbing in September.
What can you recommend that's accessible by train?
Thanks in advance!
Gwilym
 AlexBush 26 Feb 2014
In reply to GwilymR:

I was thinking this would be a nice idea a few days ago and then saw your post.

Anyone out there done this? Crags near stations in France or Spain maybe..
nicolas durand 27 Feb 2014
In reply to GwilymR:

You can get to terradets bruixes (in lleida climbs guidebook) by train as you arrive in the cellers refugio which is the train station (train from lerida or balaguer), you can walk to the crag and pick up the train for supplies in Tremp.
if you wanted to discover other crags nearby we could pick you up from cellers or tremp train station for free and take you to abella de la conca where we operate a refugio www.facebook.com/abella.climb. There are 200 routes in Abella. We also offer a service to drive to other nearby crags.
You can contact us at abellaclimb@gmail.com
nicolas durand 27 Feb 2014
In reply to AlexBush:

also in france ceuse is easily reachable going to gap by train and hitching. in the summer there is always climbers picking up or dropping friends so its easy to get a lift. worst case you can hitch. i ve done it tons of time and its never taking me more than 1 hour.
 AlexBush 11 Mar 2014
In reply to nicolas durand:

Thanks! We have already been thinking about doing Ceuse this summer. I think it may be the best option. It looks as if there are a couple of reasonably priced car hire places in Gap to get to the campsite from the train station

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...