UKC

NEW REVIEW: Women's Fjörm Down Jacket from Jöttnar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 28 Jan 2014
Emily Andrew in the Jottnar Fjorm Down Jacket, 3 kbEmily Andrew tests the Hydrophobic Fjörm Down Jacket from Jöttnar.

With a wealth of features, this well designed jacket could be worth a look if you want to keep warm this winter.

Emily said: "The pockets are well-placed and well-sized with openings that are big enough to accomodate big gloved hands. The internal pocket is big enough to easily fit a guidebook or a map without needing to fold it...."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6045

martinph78 28 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

It looks like a high-spec jacket in terms of fill, and a similar price to others on the market at the moment.

I did find this statement odd though:

"The pockets are well-placed and well-sized with openings that are big enough to accomodate big gloved hands."

The first thing I noticed in the pic was your pack strap covering the pockets...

johang 29 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

High Fill Power does not mean a lot of down, it is the measurement linked to how much volume (loft) a given mass of down will fill. The fill weight gives how much down is used in the garment.

A lack of lunch unfortunately leads to excruciating pedantry.
 simes303 29 Jan 2014
In reply to johang:

That's not excruciating pedantry. If you're reviewing a down jacket, and especially one as expensive as a £300 jacket, you should know what fill power means. Such a basic lack of understanding undermines the rest of the article.
Si.
 TobyA 29 Jan 2014
In reply to johang:

> High Fill Power does not mean a lot of down, it is the measurement linked to how much volume (loft) a given mass of down will fill. The fill weight gives how much down is used in the garment.

Has the text been changed because I don't read it as saying that.
 jonathandavey 29 Jan 2014
In reply to TobyA:

I'm fairly sure it originally said "...with a high fill power (a lot of down!)"

The "and" makes a lot of difference!
 FreshSlate 30 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Ooops!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...