UKC

Head Coach for Brighton & Hove Climbing Centre

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Evans Chris 28 Jan 2014
premier post photo
Brighton & Hove Climbing Wall (opening spring 2014) is set to be one of the largest and best equipped centres in the South East. The roped walls feature over 60 rope lines at varying heights from 6m-10m-13m. The main lead wall is 13m high and overhangs by 5m. There are two resin sections with trapped boulder features and a huge tufa to the ceiling. The bouldering is on two levels with the main bouldering downstairs and a fully equipped training zone upstairs, the boulder wall alone will feature in the region of 80 problems.

Brighton is a young, vibrant city and this centre is what has been needed for many years. The centre is managed by High Sports Group.

Head Coach
25 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can join our team to drive the climber programme. This person should have an in-depth understanding of coaching and personal training for climbing to suit climbers of all ages. Ideally you will hold or be working towards recognised coaching qualifications within climbing, for example BMC Fundamentals, MTE Foundation Coaching Award Scheme or MCA awards. You should be willing to commit to the role and the development of the Centre over the next 2 years.

Areas of responsibility will include:

Writing and developing coaching plans
Tuition of Junior Squad members
Delivering Coaching sessions
Development of a full climber programme including competitions, socials and other special events
Marketing of the programme in centre and through social media including Twitter and Facebook
Networking with pro and competition climbers to establish Brighton & Hove Climbing Centre as THE place to train
Regular setting of outstanding quality boulder problems and routes to both facilitate training programs and ensure Brighton & Hove Climbing Centre grows and maintains a loyal population of dedicated independent climbers

If you think that this person is you, or would like to know more then we want to hear from you, apply in writing to brighton@high-sports.co.uk

http://www.high-sports.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/highsportsbrighton
 Oceanrower 29 Jan 2014
In reply to Dan Moore:

D'you think it might be that the Brighton Boulder Wall is for, err, bouldering.

If you want roped climbing there is nothing around that area whatsoever.

Strikes me as an ideal place to put one, considering the location and demographics of the area.
 Oceanrower 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Oceanrower:

Hmm. I'm sure there was a previous post earlier, that I was replying to.....
 Dan Moore 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Oceanrower:
Yes, of course, just as it struck the High Sports group as a perfect chance to expand their empire. The best sport climbers I know train in boulder gyms, using the circuits, and working on their power endurance. Of course a lead wall would be advantageous, I don't dispute that. But I have found that as much can be gained at a good boulder wall. Also I have known several other small groups of passionate climbers that have wanted to open walls in Brighton over the past ten years, but all turned down by the council because ... their purses were slightly lighter.

Money, errr ... talks. Passion, individuality, spirit ... walks.
Post edited at 11:28
 Dan Moore 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Oceanrower:

and yes there was, i'm sure high sports asked it to be censored?! as there was no abusive language to warrant it being taken down...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...