UKC

NEWS: Macpherson and Robertson take One Step Beyond, IX,9

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Feb 2014
Guy seconding the intense second pitch of 'One step beyond', 3 kbScottish climbers Pete Macpherson and Guy Robertson have climbed yet another first ascent of a hard, bold and technical winter line in their usual and very impressive, onsight style. The new route, named One Step Beyond and graded IX,9, is found on Beinn Eighe just to the left of King of Swingers, taking on a rare and ethereal ice smear...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68694
Redacted 06 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Waow !
That sounds fantastically hard and desperate from your description,you guys are extremely brave,well done lads !
Blobb 06 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Amazed this hasn't had more comments. Fantastic line. One of the best I've seen on one hell of a steep winter wall. Well done.
 Mike Lates 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Blobb:

> Amazed this hasn't had more comments.
Need to be clinically qualified to comment of the psychiatric health of these 2 boys. New job rubbing off nicely then Pete
 Erik B 07 Feb 2014
In reply to Blobb: probably cos its 'old' news in internet world!

amazing achievement, i know what the questing into unknown is like new routing in winter onsight, but I cannot imagine what its like at upper limit of grade IX... Brave lead by Pete and having the will power and determination to not jump off at the ice niche.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...