UKC

Ice Climbing Winter Olympics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 richard s 06 Feb 2014
Anyone know when the Ice Climbing is on at the Winter Olympics? I know it's only a demonstration event but interested to see what it's like. Doesn't seem to figure in any of the TV schedules.
 philmcf 06 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:
I tried searching for it today while watching the snowboarding but couldn't find it anywhere, I did find out that Andy Turner is flying out on the 16th so it will be at the end of the games!
 gear boy 07 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

i think its on over a couple of evenings in the second week, not part of the schedule as it is classed as a cultural event.... there is a bit about it on the uiaa pages
climbrt 13 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

The Ice Climbing festival at the Olympics is on throughout the games, demos every evening and the opportunity for visitors to the games to have a go on the ice wall too.
Andy Turner has flown out today and will be there until the end of the games.

For more information when we have it follow @gbiceclimbing on twitter
Or Like the GB Ice Climbing Team page on Facebook

Or Andy's personal twitter @andyturnerclimb

No idea yet whether there will be any of it televised but hopefully at least on some online coverage at some point.
climbrt 13 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

Oh and there's also a new GB ICe Climbing team blog……
http://gbiceclimbingteam.wordpress.com
climbrt 18 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

If anyone would like to join the campaign to try and get the BBC to show some coverage of the Ice Climbing at the Winter Olympics then please tweet @bbcsport and tag in @gbiceclimbing

The BMC are behind it and lots of retweets already happened but the more the merrier!!
(@BBCSport Please give some airtime to the @GBIceClimbing Team on the Sochi Ice Tower. Go film what could become an Olympic sport!)

Thank you the collective might of UKC
 kestrelspl 18 Feb 2014
In reply to climbrt:

If they could show any coverage of the winter Olympics in the evenings it would be a start...
scottsland99 20 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

Would love to check this out. If anyone catches any stories or photos maybe they could post the link here?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...