UKC

Plas y Brenin in the evenings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 08 Feb 2014
Is there any night life at PyB? I shall be in North Wales for a few weeks on business and I'm likely to have time to spare in the evenings. Just wondering what to do with myself.
In reply to FesteringSore:

Go down the Tyn y Coed...I'm there most nights!
OP FesteringSore 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Nicholas Livesey:

Is that the one with the stage coach outside?

That's the one...cracking pub.

Not sure when you'll be up here but we've got an open mic night at Siabod Cafe on the 15th of March. The last one was a brilliant night so worth coming along to if you're in the area
OP FesteringSore 08 Feb 2014

> That's the one...cracking pub.

> Not sure when you'll be up here but we've got an open mic night at Siabod Cafe on the 15th of March. The last one was a brilliant night so worth coming along to if you're in the area

Thanks, I'll bear it in mind.
 wilkie14c 08 Feb 2014
Certainly second the tyn-y, great food and a good whisky shelf. I more often than not stop there myself when not camping
Post edited at 17:30
 Nigel R Lewis 08 Feb 2014

PyB has nice beer but it's really quite. It depends on what courses are running, but some nights there are no more than 5 people in there. There's a video loop playing of various MTB, Ski or kayak stuff, but after an hour or so, you've seen all of it.
However, there are occasional presentations which are really good, a list of which is posted in the foyer. Don't know if the same info is on the website though, sorry.
The presentations are by staff, involve some great adventures and are free.

N
In reply to wilkie14c:

They've just extended the whiskey shelf too...nearly 50 malts up there now!
pasbury 10 Feb 2014

Or hitch up to the Pen-y-Gwyrd for some old school cosyness!
James Jackson 10 Feb 2014
In reply to pasbury:

I love that place - fond memories having stayed there fairly regularly since I was very small.
 goosebump 11 Feb 2014

Im not so familiar with whats on around Betws/Capel (but yep Tyn y Coed is a goodun). If you have transport then there is stuff further afield: Occasional Cinema at Bluesky (bangor) and Caban (Brynrefail),
http://www.occasionalcinema.org/schedulebluesky.htm
climbing wall DJ nights or climb n grub on Tuesdays at the Indy and at the Beacon respectively.
Science café and gigs at the Bluesky, gigs at the Vic (Menai Bridge). Bits and bobs at the Heights in Llanberis (art get togethers, used to be salsa I think), along with other stuff.
Oh, and everything on the Pontio programme, Bangor
http://www.pontio.co.uk/whats-on/index.php.en
Nearest multiplex cinema is Llandudno, and there are decent local pools/sports centres at Llandudno and Bangor (loads of smaller leisure centres, check on Gwynedd or Conwy website for details).

And obviously really good mountain and road biking, and walks and bouldering and climbing birding etc etc etc on PyB doorstep.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...