UKC

Basildon/Southampton Go outdoors??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jack_44 14 Feb 2014
Hi all,

I wouldn't mind buying the North ridge hurricane windproof jacket from go outdoors. However, they have them only in stock in their Southampton and Basildon stores, and I live in North Yorkshire.... Great. I have emailed them and spoken to them, but there is no chance of them sending it up to their store in York, or home delivery.

Out of interest, if anyone lives near these two stores and is planning to pop in, I would gladly pay for postage and a bit on top if somebody would be so kind as to pick it up and send it to me.

I know its asking a lot, but I would be very grateful and willing to cover postage and a little more as a thank you.

Thanks for any help.
 TobyA 14 Feb 2014
In reply to jack_44:

Windproof fleeces are generally a bit rubbish (what's the point of the layer of fleece outside the windproof membrane?). They are generally sweaty, heavy, stiff and slow to dry. So I doubt you're missing much.

Get yourself a light, stretchy, breathable micro fleece (the hoody ones are great) plus a light hooded windproof (the ones that way only about 100 grams), and I'm sure you'll find the combo lighter, more versatile, warmer and more practical.
 martinph78 14 Feb 2014
In reply to TobyA:

I agree with Toby about windstopper fleeces, which is odd when it comes to clothing choices :p

If you want an all-in-one fleece/windproof have a look at the Rab Vapour Rise. I've been very impressed with mine. Is windproof up to about 50mph, and after that I only feel the wind on bare skin (ie my ears or neck). Comfortable, and as warm as a micro-fleece, and not sweaty.

Just another option for you.

OP jack_44 15 Feb 2014
In reply to jack_44:

Thanks for the advice, will have a another think about what I buy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...