UKC

Glasgow boot fitting recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Taurig 17 Feb 2014
Yesterday was my second day on skis, and it confirmed what I thought the first time; ski-ing is bloody amazing.

Friends who ski have recommended getting a pair of boots to save using the naff hire ones. However, a quick nosey around Decathlon confirmed that I'm going to have the same problem that I do with walking boots, climbing shoes etc. I have a medium-wide forefoot and narrow bony heels which stick out to the outside slightly. The best fit from that cursory inspection was Atomic, with Salomon being OK in the heel but still too tight in the forefoot.

I'm imagining that I'm going to be a bit of a pain in the arse for a bootfitter, so I'm looking for a good one in the Glasgow area. I'm guessing I'm going to need the shell punched out at the front. As far as I know, Ellis Brigham, Snow n Boardroom, Tiso Blues and Nevisport are all 'good', but does anybody have any particular recommendations? Or should I travel further afield than Glasgow for the best fit?
 DH3631 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Taurig: I have had a couple of pairs of boots fitted at Ski and Boardroom and have been happy with the service. Nothing against the other shops you mention but as SBR is a much smaller business you should get a more personal service rather than being served by whichever assistant is on duty, who may or may not know their stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...