UKC

mont blanc marathon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jethro kiernan 17 Feb 2014
Any one know when entries open for the 2015 Mt Blanc marathon? any one done it?
The Idea of city marathons has never apealed but like the look of this and would happily increase my off road milage as a one off for this.
 Tony the Blade 17 Feb 2014
In reply to jethro kiernan:

I'm also looking to do this, I've not been running long and I'm 50 next year so to mark the occasion I've committed my arthritic self to having a go at the MBM (assuming you don't actually mean the UTMB, which is another kettle of fish altogether).

I can run 10 miles off-road fairly comfortably but have signed up for a half marathon in the New Forest next month, eek
 PanzerHanzler 17 Feb 2014

These guys do lots of off road stuff in the UK

http://www.endurancelife.com/

Did one of their off road marathons recently - really enjoyed it.

not talking about the ultra :-/ that would be to much, going to celibrate my 45th
Will check out some of the local mountain runs around wales for a few warm ups
Chesher cat 18 Feb 2014

Online entry will come online October time. Keep checking the web site nearer the time.

Running the marathon this june. It is a great race but tough so doublt your current marathon time and you'll get a good idea of timing.
In reply to Chesher cat:

Cheers,dont have a Marathon time mainly been doing tri's and the like :-/
 yorkshireman 18 Feb 2014

As said, was October last year for entries - the website crashes as its a first come, first served approach - I've entered and will be running it for the first time this year.

Its meant to be a well supported event with good organisation and plenty of crowds. I'm looking forward to it and its helpful motivation, especially since I've been out for a couple of weeks with a dodgy back.
In reply to yorkshireman:

good luck everyone doing it this year let me know how it goes
 Banned User 77 18 Feb 2014
In reply to yorkshireman:

It may not be quite as popular next year. Depends if it gets the same status.

The end is meant to be Brutal.. fancied it but no chance I can get to it.
 yorkshireman 18 Feb 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> The end is meant to be Brutal.. fancied it but no chance I can get to it.

Yeah I heard that too, think its the last climb to Brevant. More than the gradient (which is nasty), its the fact that you can hear the crowds and the PA at the finish a good hour or so before you finally get to the end.

Chesher cat 19 Feb 2014
Yeah, the last bit to the finish line at plan Praz is hard but with free beer it was worth it.

Also, being out there a week before does make a difference. Well it did for me.
 yorkshireman 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Chesher cat:

> Also, being out there a week before does make a difference. Well it did for me.

I live at 1200m so hope it helps a bit

Looks like the highest point is 2200m which I can get up to in training, so fingers crossed for a fun day out!

try and build a family holiday around it so I bit of acclimatization can be done.
 Banned User 77 19 Feb 2014

It'll help but the bulk of it is under 2000, a lot below 1500.. so it should be OK just turning up.

Sierre Zinal is almost all above 2000 and I really struggled.

The general advice is either arrive very late or early, like a good week, not 2-3 days before as your body is then acclimatizing as you race.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...