UKC

New AT touring boots for clunky feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pina 20 Feb 2014
Anyone know of any good boot models with a spacious midfoot? I've been having issues finding a pair of boots that fit. Tried out all of the latest Scarpas and some Dalbellos but can't find any that give enough space around the middle of the foot. Tempted to try some of the BD series which I've been told are a bit more spacious (i.e. Prime, Slant, Quandrant) but it would mean ordering some in which is risky business.

Any thoughts?
 HeMa 20 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

You did try just the shell, roight?

Always as in ALWAYS, start with shell-fit (ie. take out the liner and get a feel if the shell is the correct size).
 london_huddy 20 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

La Sportiva are good for me - high volume mid-foot, close in the heel and ankle.
In reply to J_Trottet:

I've got broad feet and was fitted with a pair of Scott Cosmos, can't recommend them enough! =o)
 AdrianC 20 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:
Ummm, kinda what HeMa said. I have wide-ish feet & just bought LaSportiva Spectres which are great after the inners were heat moulded. Good ski boot and very light.
In reply to J_Trottet:

I have broad high feet. Garmont Cosmos, which became Scott Cosmos, fit me brilliantly.
 london_huddy 20 Feb 2014
In reply to AdrianC:

And aren't they magnificent! I've had two weeks in them so far and love them. Very comfy, light and loads of flex on the up and very stiff on the way down.

Only down side is the price.

OP Pina 20 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Thanks for the advice. Will look to see if I can find a pair of cosmos to try. Think the spectres are a bit out of my price range....
 Morgan Woods 20 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

You haven't mentioned custom footbeds and heat mouldable liners (eg intuition) which can sort most feet out assuming the shells are correct. If by middle of the foot you mean 6th metatarsal then a competent fitter can blow the shell.
OP Pina 23 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Anyone tried out Dynafit Ones? Found a good deal on a pair and wondering how good of a fit they would be.
Srick 23 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Im not sure where your located, but do try BD boots. I have the same problem as you, maybe not as bad as you suggest but the BD Prime boots gave me a MUCh better fit than the Scarpas i originally had.
 Frank4short 23 Feb 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Blah blah blah recommendations, blah, blah, blah following random advice, blah blah blah same thing I've said a million times.

Now once i've got that out of the way. Ignore everything else and go to a good bootfitter and tell him what you want. Listen to what he says and then buy what he recommends following a proper boot fitting session. Expect this to take in order of 2+ hours depending on how awkward your feet are. Everything else is irrelevant, including your sense of comfort trying them on without GOOD professional guidance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...