UKC

Buying gas in Agadir, Morocco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 67hours 23 Feb 2014
Hi,

I will be heading to Agadir later in the month and heading into the west Atlas (Jbel Awlim area to begin with).

Does anybody know where in Agadir it is possible to buy small self-sealing gas canisters from, suitable for Jetboil etc. Or is this a ridiculous notion in Morocco??

Thanks!

George
 matt pigden 24 Feb 2014
In reply to 67hours:

Hi,
I couldn't find an appropriate gas cannister for my stove but was able to buy the cannisters that work in the crappy camping stoves for campsite use so i had to buy a cheap stove as well as the gas. If you can get hold of a half decent stove that has the pierced top rather than the screwable type then you have a better chance.
OP 67hours 24 Feb 2014
In reply to matt pigden:

Hmmm, I see. Do you mean the ones with a valve when you hook it over the metal lip and then wind the piercing point down into the top of the cannister? I can't explain it much better than that!?
 Mountain Llama 24 Feb 2014
In reply to 67hours: only saw the blue pierce type. You can get an adapter for conversion to screw type. Search the forums it's been raised before and you may find more info that way

matt pigden 24 Feb 2014
In reply to 67hours:

Yes just the flat blue type that have to be pierced. The adapter sounds like a good solution.
OP 67hours 26 Feb 2014
In reply to 67hours:

Thanks to you both, I will have a hunt!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...