UKC

Ice Climbing Glasgow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Irishpotatos 26 Feb 2014
Evening everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has used the Ice climbing wall at Snow Factor in Glasgow? Whats it like? Any good? Having never ice climbed, I am keen to give it a go and learn the basics!

Any info/tips etc are greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
 Alex Slipchuk 27 Feb 2014
In reply to Irishpotatos:

Hacked to bits, it's also not as cold as the ice factor.
 Alex Slipchuk 27 Feb 2014

I should add, as a member, it is good value for a tenner.
 JohnnyW 27 Feb 2014
In reply to Alex Slipchuk:

> I should add, as a member, it is good value for a tenner.

I think so too. It was very chopped-up when I was last there, but I like the more open environment compared to the Ice Factor.
 Pids 27 Feb 2014
> Evening everyone,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has used the Ice climbing wall at Snow Factor in Glasgow? Whats it like? Any good? Having never ice climbed, I am keen to give it a go and learn the basics!

As an intro to ice climbing it may well be a good facility, providing an extermely save environment to try out crampons and ice axes for the first time.

However, after visiting last night I shall not be returning until they do some major repair on the ice - hooking up rebar and placing feet in bucket steps is not a good return on my hard earned cash.

As an intro to ice climbing venue it is great, as a training venue it is not (unfortunatly).
Irishpotatos 02 Mar 2014

Cheers for the heads up guys! I might have a look at it this week if work allows.

Much appreciated!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...