UKC

Crash pad Pudsey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
belgis 07 Mar 2014
Hello!
My name is Krisjanis and I,m from Latvia. From 7th-11th of April I,m visiting Pudsey and I wanted to climb Post Hill Quarry, but as I,m travelling light I,m not bringing crash pad with me. Maybe someone want's to climb with me? I,m open to drive around a bit aswell. I,m still beginner, but passionate about bouldering. If this doesn't work out, then maybe you have any ideas where I could rent one in the area? Many thanks!
 lummox 07 Mar 2014
In reply to belgis:

Hi Krisjais - where did you hear about Post Hill Quarry ? As far as I know, this wouldn't be a good place to boulder ! I would suggest Caley, Almscliffe or Shipley- they're all within 30 kms of Pudsey and will have much more bouldering than Post Hill. Post Hill is a good spot for running though..
 blackcat 07 Mar 2014
In reply to lummox:Post hill is not a place to go alone,most of it dirty and overgrown or been sprayed with graffiti.
 Jon Stewart 07 Mar 2014
In reply to lummox:

^^^This! You're close to possibly the best bouldering in the UK at Caley, and it's basically only in condition in spring. Now it the time! Almscliff is good and dries quick, and Shipley Glen is an acquired taste.
belgis 08 Mar 2014
In reply to lummox:

I heard about it in this site! Thanks for other suggestions, but without crash pad I dont think I will visit other places. The one in Pudsey is in walking distance from a place I will live.
 Jon Stewart 08 Mar 2014
In reply to belgis:

That quarry is going to be absolutely dreadful, I strongly advise you don't go climbing there! A 'crag' being on the UKC does not mean that climbing there is likely to any fun or even possible. Expect broken glass, used syringes, broken, overgrown rock, etc. Unused urban venues are not good!!

You'd be best off posting in the 'Lifts and Partners' forum for someone who wants to go to bouldering on those days who's got a pad and can show you around. I think I'll be around the area on those dates - give me an email and I could show you the brilliant bouldering at Caley or Almscliff.
belgis 08 Mar 2014
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I will keep it in mind, that means I won't go there. Your offer about Caley and Almscliff sounds perfect I will certainly write you an e-mail when I,m in the area. Hope fully see you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...